What's new

Freemax mesh pro seal issue - picture attached

Long shot but did you happen to break the glass? I dropped mine and smashed the glass and as a result had a tiny TINY shard lodged in the well that caused me issues with the top seal (not this particular issue but all the same)

@3dj

This actually could be it, I do actually tighten it quite a bit to ensure its a solid connection.
All the seals are genuine, I paid £4.00 each for a set. I also bought them from other vendors, so I cant imagine they are all fake.

@pepsimax Glass is not cracked, inspected the whole unit with a fine tooth comb ha ha

Will ensure I only seal the new tank very gently and not tighten as much as I can without breaking the glass, this is what I am doing now.

I have heard of some juices causing that with seals. Someone on here a while ago, can't recall the tank, had a similar issue and was using juices known to do that. Causes seals to expand and lose shape.

I have been vaping Element, very thick and sweet.

I have heard of juices affecting the glass, but not the rubber seals as the juice will get hot, plastic rubber will do the same and start going into your lungs.

I have the exact same problem. Just done a google search and came across this forum and this post. I DIY my own juice and was wondering if that was the problem. Looks as if it could be. canada 16 could you update this post if your change of juice helps? I will do the same.

I’ve just read that thread you linked to, and the interesting thing is the use of lemon as it is my own lemon tart that I was using. I was also having a problem with my dovpo topside and I was using the same juice. The squonk bottle would bulge and cause pressure problems. Will look into the lemon ejuice.

I'm experiencing the same issue. Googling the problem brought me here. I went almost a year without replacing my top oring. Last month after cleaning my tank I noticed my seal wasn't sitting tightly so I tossed it out and replaced it with the extra oring that came with the tank. Then about a week later the new ring had sagged inside the tank. I borrowed another oring from a friend who has the same tank and within 1 day the new oring started sagging inside aswell.

I'm gunna buy a new tank to see what happens. Did anyone have any luck figuring out the issue?

Attachments

• 20190906_155049.jpg
    20190906_155049.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 207
I'm experiencing the same issue. Googling the problem brought me here. I went almost a year without replacing my top oring. Last month after cleaning my tank I noticed my seal wasn't sitting tightly so I tossed it out and replaced it with the extra oring that came with the tank. Then about a week later the new ring had sagged inside the tank. I borrowed another oring from a friend who has the same tank and within 1 day the new oring started sagging inside aswell.

I'm gunna buy a new tank to see what happens. Did anyone have any luck figuring out the issue?
Hi @Yendig and welcome.
Now you've found us have a look around the forum and you may find us a useful bunch to be a part of.

i did have a similar problem with a different tank using elements fresh squeeze completely rotted the o-rings out in a few hours i gave the tank a good wash with warm soapy water rinsed it all off put on new seals and all was good spoke to the guys at one of my local shops and they reckon element is notorious for it swap your juice you should be golden.
ive got 2 mesh pros ive never changed the seals one is 11 months old and the other about 9 months great tanks

Back
Top Bottom