What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

[FIX] Aspire Nautilus (Mini) leak / gurgling

tinky

Postman
Well, here it goes.

All of the finding are just my assumptions, but they seem to work. Try at your own risk, although risk is minimal.

THEORY
I narrowed down gurgling / leaking down to tank not being sealed when screwed on. In the picture below you can see that tube that goes inside. It is basically made of 3 parts: top cap, middle shaft/tube and bottom part that screws onto coil. It looks like when all 3 of them are pressed together, they don't get completely sealed. For juice not to leak out, you want vacuum-ish container. Take any straw, suck some water in, put you finger on top of it and pull straw out of the water. What happens? That's right, nothing, water stays in the straw. Now allow a bit of air to sip in. Water is gone. So in theory, same should apply to the tank and only air that should get in there is via coil when negative pressure in the tank si stong enough to pull air in via viscous juice. Now explanation is over, let's fix it.

FIX
Get some GEL superglue. Apply evenly on both parts (where pressed together pieces meet) circled in the picture. Put thinger over bottom part and suck on top steadily but strongly. You want to create vacuum that will pull glue in the seams. Please note some air will still be sipping throw the seam where the o ring is at the top- ignore that, silicone ring will seal it once screwed onto the tank. What you want to do is to suck a little bit of glue in the seams and seal them. They don't get hot, so I assume it's pretty safe to have superglue in there. Apply some more and repeat. Take rough moist rag and scrub off leftovers of the glue. That's it, enjoy.

If anyone can suggest something better than superglue, I'm all ears.

Mod please feel free to move to a more appropriate forum, if need be.

1415795334976.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom