What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

First attempt @ hybrid wick

MadTz

Achiever
ok spent the last 30 mins or so setting this up 400 ss mesh & 3mm silica .2mm kan A1 wire

4 nicely wound wraps tight around wick on for the PT/Evod head popped it in the vamo and boom .8 ohms can that reading be correct

normally with the same amount of wraps on just silica i get between 1.5 to 2 ohms

does the ss mesh help lower the ohms

Did you burn the SS mesh to within an inch of its life? Also make sure the coils are not touching the metal of the head.

no I never killed it this time :P yes it's all clear from the sides

if it was touching the vamo and woman tickler would show 9.9 ohms correct ??

I'm going to totally different from Andy here,

ive not oxidised a wick in a couple of months, just used the pulse method. But as Andy said keep the bottom coil off the deck and 4wraps .2 would normally give you 1.6 ish.

This also depends on the thickness of the wick and amount of wire used,

carl

I cant remember what my Vamo used to say :( Weird, as 4 wraps of 0.2 kanthal used to give me about 1.4/1.5 ohms, but ZT coiled my Kayfun Lite with 4 wraps, and got an ohm, so not far off!!

all the mesh is inside the head that comes off the base

just stuck it in the pt 2 base and a tank full showing 1.0 ohms

Ok

wick and ohms different wick sizes
1.5mm
2mm
3mm

doing a wrap of 4 will give different ohms, down to the amount of wire used.
1.5mm wick will give a lower ohm than a 3mm wick :) simples :)

Hth

carl

Cheers for the info

the mesh/silica wick was wound quite tight & a struggle to get the bugger into the head

am not sure of the width of the gap in these heads

Back
Top Bottom