What's new

Faulty socialites ego battery

The last thing I had to return was a pair of rather expensive trainers belonging to my son. The sole had almost totally detached from one of them over the course of three weeks. The sales assistant wasn't interested so I stood outside the shop doorway and showed them to every customer who entered the shop. It took about 3 minutes before the manager came running across to give me 5 crisp ten pound notes ;-)

Hahhahha brilliant, that's what we are lacking in this Country, customer service, quite happy to grab your cash, but when it come to faulty goods, a return of some kind, there's either some small print or some knob who thinks they are higher than the law! Well done you x

I did something similar many years ago.

When our Kerry, who is sadly no longer with us, was 15, I overheard her and her mum talking and just by the tone I could see something was up. So I asked what it was and after a pause the missus told me Kerry had saved her pocket money etc and with her birthday money had gone into Romford and bought herself a nice, not cheap, pair of shoes.

Two or three days later the heel or something on the shoe had snapped off rendering them useless. She had apparently taken them back for exchange and been given a load of bullshit and basically told it as her fault for the way she walked in them! Whoa oh. Not on, not to me and mine. I told Kel that Saturday morning we would go and get her a new pair of shoes.

Saturday morning came and into Romford shopping centre we went. That in itself was a rarity, as I have never done Saturday morning shopping places. It really gives me the raving hump.

Anyway, into the busy shop we went to be greeted by the customary 20 year old eager beaver and his grinning fizzog. "Can I help you sir" Yes, I'd like a pair of shoes for my daughter" Not a problem sir, would you like to come with me?". So we went to a row of chairs where Kerry sat down and Beaver brought out a few boxes of shoes, which Kerry tried on etc and eventually she found a pair she liked. "You want those Kel?" "Yes dad but they're more expensive than the other ones" "Not a problem Kel, if they're what you want luv then we'll take them"

So, before Beaver could move, I've got the new box of shoes in my mitts and even though he made a move to take them, a quick "Nah, that's alright mate, I'll hold 'em" and it was sorted. So off we went to the cash desk/counter thing.

"Have you got a pen and piece of paper I could use please?" So among puzzled looks from Beaver and who I took to be the manageress or whatever, I wrote down my name and address on the piece of paper.

I then slid the pen and paper back across the counter and then I was off into one. Which is probably why the missus didn't want to came with us!

I slammed the old pair of shoes on the counter and asked in a nice loud voice "Which piece of shit in here told my daughter that she couldn't have this rubbish exchanged because she didn't walk in them properly?" Then I banged on about taking advantage of youngsters and crappy goods etc. during which, one of the bright boys took a step forward until I gave him the dead eye and asked "You got something to say boy?" A quick shake of his head and he was sorted which was a bit of a shame, as by then I'd built meself up ready for blood. I finished by telling them "There's my name and address, if your company wants to do something about it, that's where you'll find me" That was it, done and dusted. Home we went.

Poor Kerry told her mum she had never been so embarrassed in all her life as the whole shop went still and quiet and she just wished the shop floor would open up and swallow her. At the end of the day, Kerry got a pair of new shoes and Dolcis, or whoever they were, learnt that they couldn't take the piss out of their customers.

Now if I went back there and tried something like that, one of the young girl asistants would probably be able to knock seven bells out of me. How times change eh?

I did something similar many years ago.

When our Kerry, who is sadly no longer with us, was 15, I overheard her and her mum talking and just by the tone I could see something was up. So I asked what it was and after a pause the missus told me Kerry had saved her pocket money etc and with her birthday money had gone into Romford and bought herself a nice, not cheap, pair of shoes.

Two or three days later the heel or something on the shoe had snapped off rendering them useless. She had apparently taken them back for exchange and been given a load of bullshit and basically told it as her fault for the way she walked in them! Whoa oh. Not on, not to me and mine. I told Kel that Saturday morning we would go and get her a new pair of shoes.

Saturday morning came and into Romford shopping centre we went. That in itself was a rarity, as I have never done Saturday morning shopping places. It really gives me the raving hump.

Anyway, into the busy shop we went to be greeted by the customary 20 year old eager beaver and his grinning fizzog. "Can I help you sir" Yes, I'd like a pair of shoes for my daughter" Not a problem sir, would you like to come with me?". So we went to a row of chairs where Kerry sat down and Beaver brought out a few boxes of shoes, which Kerry tried on etc and eventually she found a pair she liked. "You want those Kel?" "Yes dad but they're more expensive than the other ones" "Not a problem Kel, if they're what you want luv then we'll take them"

So, before Beaver could move, I've got the new box of shoes in my mitts and even though he made a move to take them, a quick "Nah, that's alright mate, I'll hold 'em" and it was sorted. So off we went to the cash desk/counter thing.

"Have you got a pen and piece of paper I could use please?" So among puzzled looks from Beaver and who I took to be the manageress or whatever, I wrote down my name and address on the piece of paper.

I then slid the pen and paper back across the counter and then I was off into one. Which is probably why the missus didn't want to came with us!

I slammed the old pair of shoes on the counter and asked in a nice loud voice "Which piece of shit in here told my daughter that she couldn't have this rubbish exchanged because she didn't walk in them properly?" Then I banged on about taking advantage of youngsters and crappy goods etc. during which, one of the bright boys took a step forward until I gave him the dead eye and asked "You got something to say boy?" A quick shake of his head and he was sorted which was a bit of a shame, as by then I'd built meself up ready for blood. I finished by telling them "There's my name and address, if your company wants to do something about it, that's where you'll find me" That was it, done and dusted. Home we went.

Poor Kerry told her mum she had never been so embarrassed in all her life as the whole shop went still and quiet and she just wished the shop floor would open up and swallow her. At the end of the day, Kerry got a pair of new shoes and Dolcis, or whoever they were, learnt that they couldn't take the piss out of their customers.

Now if I went back there and tried something like that, one of the young girl asistants would probably be able to knock seven bells out of me. How times change eh?

Firstly, so sad that Kerry is no longer here xx :giverose:but you did the right thing, but again, so right, if you did that now, well political correctness would kick in, and I'm sorry but political correctness has gone completely bonkers...what happened to the customer is always right Let's face it, they're all making a profit, and if they just exchanged faulty goods without any hesitation or fuss, you'd be more likely to shop with them again, and Dolcis or whoever it was probably were left with a few customers in that shop taking heed of what you had said and done and promptly left never to return and told their friends, who in turn told their friends...I'm glad you did what you did, and I'm glad people can talk freely about how customer service should be, we should get back to traditional values full stop xx Linda

Back
Top Bottom