What's new

Falcon 2 "ohms too high"

I've been using the Falcon 2 tank for a while now on my Aegis X without a problem, been through about 3 or 4 coils without a problem.

I'm currently experiencing the exact same problem with the Falcon 2. Coil installed correctly but after a bit of use, I begin to get the "ohms too high" error. Unscrewing the base reveals a small amount mist on the inside. Wiping this off fixes the issue, but only for a few vapes. If you find a solution, please let us know.

I've had this same issue with my Falcon 2 since I bought it in Febuary. Its every coil I've tried in it, which is only 3, because of the issue I just sat ir aside. But I just bought a coil today just hoping the 2 in the kit were weird. But its gotta be that short 510 pin. Mine barely pokes out enough to make contact.

I'm gonna try and take off some of the insulator between the pin and base. If that doesn't work I'm going to take a mm off of the threads. I'll post back up here with results if this post isnt dead.

I've had this same issue with my Falcon 2 since I bought it in Febuary. Its every coil I've tried in it, which is only 3, because of the issue I just sat ir aside. But I just bought a coil today just hoping the 2 in the kit were weird. But its gotta be that short 510 pin. Mine barely pokes out enough to make contact.

I'm gonna try and take off some of the insulator between the pin and base. If that doesn't work I'm going to take a mm off of the threads. I'll post back up here with results if this post isnt dead.
I gave up with it in the end. Went through 5 packs of coils from different suppliers and every time got the same issue but the flavour was brilliant when it worked and the coil change is very convenient. If someone does manage a fix I will give it another go

Could it possibly be the O-Rings holding the coil, in place?
Ill fitted/fitting or porous O-Rings, may allow the coil to lose contact. It wouldn't take much eliquid mist to interrupt the power.

I gave up with it in the end. Went through 5 packs of coils from different suppliers and every time got the same issue but the flavour was brilliant when it worked and the coil change is very convenient. If someone does manage a fix I will give it another go

Yeah I am an electrician so ill throe all my knowledge at it and get all the input from others I can. I do know, the issue doesn't matter which mod I use. My Aegis legend and solo, my Asmodus Colossal, and my topside lite.

Now the more I look at it, I feel if I can raise the pin to get more pressure on the coil and remove at least a mm from the threads, there cant be any other place for the issue to be, than with the coils or even maybe the metal in the tank itself is bad or just isn't completing the circuit correctly. The whole shell of the tank is the negative side of the circuit.

If I can 100% tell you what the issue is, I will definetly do so. I know even when my mod tells me its .22 but drops to .18 when I fire, even tho it should .14, it vapes great. I have mine at 75w right now and it wicks and fires like there is no issue at all. Until maybe once a day my mod loses connection with the coil or something and asks if its a new or old coil. Which is why I believe its a 510 issue. But we will see. Wish me luck.

Yeah I am an electrician so ill throe all my knowledge at it and get all the input from others I can. I do know, the issue doesn't matter which mod I use. My Aegis legend and solo, my Asmodus Colossal, and my topside lite.

Now the more I look at it, I feel if I can raise the pin to get more pressure on the coil and remove at least a mm from the threads, there cant be any other place for the issue to be, than with the coils or even maybe the metal in the tank itself is bad or just isn't completing the circuit correctly. The whole shell of the tank is the negative side of the circuit.

If I can 100% tell you what the issue is, I will definetly do so. I know even when my mod tells me its .22 but drops to .18 when I fire, even tho it should .14, it vapes great. I have mine at 75w right now and it wicks and fires like there is no issue at all. Until maybe once a day my mod loses connection with the coil or something and asks if its a new or old coil. Which is why I believe its a 510 issue. But we will see. Wish me luck.
I found that if I popped the 510 pin out completely from the bottom with the rubber seal and cleaned between the plate which contacts the coil and the seal it would work as normal but a few vapes later it would jump from 0.18 to 1.67 etc. It’s almost as if when the whole set up expands with heat and then retracts it allows too much moisture between the contact points and throws the resistance out of whack. Good luck with the fault finding I couldn’t find anything on the web at all pertaining to this fault so started this thread but it seems it’s now effecting more and more people.

That doesnt sound worthy at all.
Im starting to think that Falcon 2 was a failure; maybe its design, maybe the coilheads...dunno.

The previous Falcons share a total of 8 different coils and they also compatible with other tanks and brands. And they are still superb tanks and coils.

Why Horizontech has still not developed another coil type for the Falcon 2? (it have just 1 type of coil availale) It is on the market for a while now ...mmmm
Another bad sign is seeing it on clearence category. I think is about to be discontinued.

That doesnt sound worthy at all.
Im starting to think that Falcon 2 was a failure; maybe its design, maybe the coilheads...dunno.

The previous Falcons share a total of 8 different coils and they also compatible with other tanks and brands. And they are still superb tanks and coils.

Why Horizontech has still not developed another coil type for the Falcon 2? (it have just 1 type of coil availale) It is on the market for a while now ...mmmm
Another bad sign is seeing it on clearence category. I think is about to be discontinued.
Agreed, as soon as the 2 started playing up I reverted back to the original falcon tank and it’s faultless. I thought something was a miss when the falcon was an extremely popular tank and when I posted on my local fb vape page they hadn’t heard of the falcon 2. I assumed the coil choice was down to getting the tank in the early stages but looking now there still isn’t options, my falcon one could have a pool of liquid in the bottom and still work but the new one just needs a slight mist of liquid to render it useless.

While I've not had the issue of ohms to high. the coil ohms is questionable at best. Pack says 0.14, but ive been getting 0.16 and higher.

I've retired the tank simply cause the coils life was shocking. 2 days at max,

Funny how orfr has the exact same coils and its better.

To me the falcon king was brilliant not one fault, but to hold back on falcon king coil to push the falcon 2, They were top tier for me, However with the falcon 2, that company has fallen from first to mid tier tanks for me. I was spending 20 quid a week on these coils, and smoking was cheaper than that

Back
Top Bottom