What's new

Fake Area51 eJuice

StokieVaper79

Postman
Apologies if in the wrong place - Not a recall, but potential fake products.

Is anyone here familiar with Area51 eJuice? I purchased some of this recently and have now been lead to believe the product may be fake.

I went to http://www.area51ejuice.co.uk/ and saw an image/poster (attached) on the site regarding fake Area51 Liquid. In the picture it claims that I-Joy Ltd are the legal owners of Area 51 eJuice - It shows a picture of the packaging of an alleged fake product and states if it claims that BSMW Ltd manufacture the liquid then the prodict is fake. I have had an email from Area 51 also making the same claim.

What I find strange is that another popular brand, and as far as I know, a legitimate and mostly well respected and well regarded brand on their terms and conditions page state that their brand is the trading name for BSMW Ltd.

It just all seems a little odd to me - Anyone know anything about this at all?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Area 51 fake poster.jpg
    Area 51 fake poster.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 205
BSMW is LiQuid who manufacture and bottle loads of e-liquids for other people. I suspect this is some kind of deal to manufacture and sell in the UK gone wrong, maybe they were getting them to make it and then pulled out or something .... if BSMW are manufacturing it then it will be fully tested and complaint liquid though, so I don't think you have anything to worry about in that regard, it's not 'fake' in that respect.... just a branding dispute.

BSMW is LiQuid who manufacture and bottle loads of e-liquids for other people. I suspect this is some kind of deal to manufacture and sell in the UK gone wrong, maybe they were getting them to make it and then pulled out or something .... if BSMW are manufacturing it then it will be fully tested and complaint liquid though, so I don't think you have anything to worry about in that regard, it's not 'fake' in that respect.... just a branding dispute.

Hi there and thanks for the reply.

I hope you are right about the branding dispute. And yes, LiQuid is the other company that I was referring to in my OP. I had emailed LiQuid with a rather vague query simply asking if they manufactured Area51 Liquid. I got a reply saying that "Unfortunately due to a strict confidentiality agreement with our clients, we are unable to disclose any information regarding this." - Not 100% guaranteed I know but reading between those lines my guess is that they do.

The email I had back from Area51 was this:

"Thank you for contacting us. it is a fake product. Area 51 e juice is the property of I-Joy Limited. if you see any other company name then its is definitely a counterfeit product. Please see the attached banner for further assistance. We are really sorry that our customers have to go through this but we are doing everything to put a stop to this. we are in the middle of legal proceedings against such companies. Please check the box and the label before buying Area 51 e juice. Also see that at the moment we are not producing any 10ml or 30ml Area 51 e juice. Only Producing 50ml Area 51 e juice if you find any 10ml or 30ml they are definitely fake.

As a customer/buyer you have every right to inform Trading and Standards of such companies. They are putting consumers health at risk.

I-Joy is using all Social media platforms and website to inform its customers."

Problem is it's all sewn doubt in my mind now so I guess I will just move on to other liquids. Not like there is any shortage of choices.

Thanks again for your reply.

Tbh if a fake says that it’s been made by BSMW I wouldn’t necessarily come to the conclusion that the liquid is probably safe.

While it might just be a dispute over branding, I’d say there’s a decent chance that a faker might put the name of a well known liquid maker on the label to give it a bit of provenance.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

I could also be an issue of registered trade marks, especially if they don't use the same formula or flavor profile. A trademark in one region is valid in the region and another manufacturer can use the same name in a different region, often unaware of the other product.

Tbh if a fake says that it’s been made by BSMW I wouldn’t necessarily come to the conclusion that the liquid is probably safe.

While it might just be a dispute over branding, I’d say there’s a decent chance that a faker might put the name of a well known liquid maker on the label to give it a bit of provenance.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

Wouldn’t a counterfeiter put the name of the actual company that makes the juice rather than another different company, which would make their fake juice obvious?

Wouldn’t a counterfeiter put the name of the actual company that makes the juice rather than another different company, which would make their fake juice obvious?

Good point. You’d have thought so, but if I bought a PS4 and it said it had been made by LG I personally wouldn’t assume that it was safe...

You're right, it is a bit odd, if it has 'manufactured by BSMW Ltd.' on the box then they are hardly breaking any confidentiality by confirming it is one of their products are they? This is what leads me to thinking it's a legal thing going on.

It's interesting that Ijoy say "Also see that at the moment we are not producing any 10ml or 30ml Area 51 e juice. Only Producing 50ml Area 51 e juice if you find any 10ml or 30ml they are definitely fake."

So Area 51 are only selling 0nic shortfills 'at the moment' .. these ones here.

https://www.simplyeliquid.co.uk/product-category/e-liquid-brands/area-51-e-liquid/

'at the moment' suggests that they were making 10ml bottles before, I wonder who was making them?

and these at 6, 12 and 18 are all 'fake'? .... why would a faker go to all that trouble, they'd be faking the 0nic shortfills, far less trouble, far more profit.

http://www.elec-cigs.co.uk/dripper-e-juice-sub-ohm/area-51-e-juice

it's all very odd imo.

As simong said. Sounds like a production move. If it's made by LiQuid then it will still be the same juice but just old stock I imagine.
Licence owner's have a duty to do this sort of thing when selling the right's to another production company.
It's just good housekeeping to maximize profit for the new production licence holder.
If you bought it from a reputable supplier then it will be fine whomever owns the right's to current production.

Back
Top Bottom