What's new

Evod not giving flavour like dripper?

rockhopper

Initiate
Got me some snake oil a few days back and being an impatient beggar I've steamed into it.

In my igo-l it gives me a lovely aniseed flavour especially on the exhale but in my evod it's more of a muted chemically one, the aniseed is barely noticeable and I've just recoiled it to see if it made a difference but to no avale, is this other people's experience using evods and if so would a protank or similar being glass be any better ?

I personally would not put snake oil in a plastic tank

Best flavour I had was from the dripper and a close second kayfun in all steel mode

Tried in pt 2 and pt mini and mini was far better

Got me some snake oil a few days back and being an impatient beggar I've steamed into it.

In my igo-l it gives me a lovely aniseed flavour especially on the exhale but in my evod it's more of a muted chemically one, the aniseed is barely noticeable and I've just recoiled it to see if it made a difference but to no avale, is this other people's experience using evods and if so would a protank or similar being glass be any better ?

Different devices and different bits on top will all contribute to different flavours!! Sorry, not much help, but it just goes to show why there is such a huge variation in vaping choices.

I think most will agree that dripping is better for flavour in general. Some people only use drippers for that reason.

In an ideal world, you'd be able to try all these things out in one go, so you could compare side by side.

I run my snake oil in an evod with no probs. But.
The evod is running with 1.4ohm coil 3mm silica wick and 2x 1mm juice wicks.
Using a straight ego 1100mah bat.
Nice flavor and plenty of vape.

Having said that, I've just put coconut crème in the wrong tank.
quick review. coconut crème and snake oil mix. Vapour massive. Can't taste the coconut, but the snake oil has gone lovely and creamy.

Last edited:

A ProTank and an EVOD use basically identical heads, so you'll get the same vape from a ProTank that you will from an EVOD. Plastic tanks don't affect the flavours much if at all.

Drippers give a much better flavour generally than almost anything else. Some of the top end mods like KayFuns TaiFuns Spheroids will give excellent flavour because of their design. Like for like a 1.8ohm coil on a tank setup and a 1.8ohm coil on a dripper the dripper will give better flavour results, it's just the way it is.

You can get good results from a PT or an EVOD if the flavour in your tank is too muted try using less wick/more wick running it through an airflow controller to dial into the best airflow for the juice, dropping the resistance slightly to improve vapour production, turning up the power, using thicker lower resistance wire but with more wraps, that kind of thing.

Not got a clue what ohms it is, I've used 4 coils 0.25 kanthal on a 3mm silica wick with a piece of 3mm on top, I'd use the dripper all the time but I like the ease of the evod and no juice leakage which I get occasionally from the air hole in the dripper when I forget to keep it pointing up, probably me over filling it !!

A ProTank and an EVOD use basically identical heads, so you'll get the same vape from a ProTank that you will from an EVOD. Plastic tanks don't affect the flavours much if at all.

Drippers give a much better flavour generally than almost anything else. Some of the top end mods like KayFuns TaiFuns Spheroids will give excellent flavour because of their design. Like for like a 1.8ohm coil on a tank setup and a 1.8ohm coil on a dripper the dripper will give better flavour results, it's just the way it is.

You can get good results from a PT or an EVOD if the flavour in your tank is too muted try using less wick/more wick running it through an airflow controller to dial into the best airflow for the juice, dropping the resistance slightly to improve vapour production, turning up the power, using thicker lower resistance wire but with more wraps, that kind of thing.

Cheers for all the advice, it's a never ending cycle of tweaking to try and find your vaping nirvana, I'm sure one day some considerably cleverer person than me will invent something that just works without tinkering ...praps not!

I doubt many attys can compete to a well coiled dripper for flavour. They're always my device of choice for vaping at home. I have (and use) protanks and evods but accept that can't really match my A7 coiled at 1.3 ohms with a fresh cotton wick.

I doubt many attys can compete to a well coiled dripper for flavour. They're always my device of choice for vaping at home. I have (and use) protanks and evods but accept that can't really match my A7 coiled at 1.3 ohms with a fresh cotton wick.

How and what do you use for your cotton wicks in a dripper, doesn't it just break up, got any pics?

end of a cotton bud does the job just fine probably get 2 good size ones off one end

Back
Top Bottom