What's new

Erm, help.

Ottist

Postman
I've just got a new tank, a steam crave aromamizer v3. It is a catalogue of disaster.

1. I think I bought the wrong coils

Got fused captions to try, and did a twin build - comes out at 0.18 ohms - I don't usually go that low, I'm usually around 0.45 ish. It tastes horrible, and I'm coughing like I've been maced. Snot, tears, the lot. At least I didn't shit myself.

2. I haven't wicked it right

So apart from being covered in spittle and snot I'm also covered in ejuice as it's pissing eliquid out of the air things.

3. It tastes shit. Full on juice flavour, with the taste of dull metal, like sucking a door key.

Years ago, I bought a Steamcrave aromimiser Hex, same thing. Am I cursed? Why does it taste so fucking shit?

Got the airflow on max, wattage 60. Do I try for a single coil build instead? Why does it taste so metallic?

help

did you give it a good clean first? they sometimes have machine oil, could be that for the metallic taste.

Yes I always clean first. I often cough with a new build, but this is on a demonic level.

Sounds to me like thin cotton in the coils & juice wells.
1. Explains why you're not getting enough vapour
2. Explains why the juice is pissing out as the wells do not have enough cotton in.

Pics?

Here's the build if that's any help.

Attachments

• IMG_6592.jpg
    IMG_6592.jpg
    664.7 KB · Views: 61
It's s bit hard to see in the pic, but you have got the deck fully inserted haven't you I mean the cut outs. Only it looks like a bit of a gap. Cotton in the coils looks ok, Is it deep in the juice wells?

I did struggle lining it up because even with glasses on I couldn't see very well, however pretty sure I got it. I've closed of the juice flow for a little and it's stopped leaking. Perhaps it wasn't fully engaged. When wicking I pushed the cotton towards the deck rather than pushing it down. Still coughing every inhale though, I think ohms are way too low for me. I do not like warm vapour. Like I said before though I do often cough with a new build and wick and then it settles, fingers crossed. Gonna get my other mod and crank up the power a bit.

Back
Top Bottom