What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Electronic guru help - MLCC capacitors on DNA75c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay that makes sense to me - thanks for your time.

Capacitors are cheap and the ESR Meter will come in handy so little to loose, I get more enjoyment from fixing things myself so I will take a shot at it.

No probs, happy if it's been any assistance.

And indeed, those little meters are quite useful. Not exactly AVO quality, but not exactly that price either ;)

personally haven't got a clue about this, but, maybe worth dropping Rod at stealthvape a message , being an evolv repair centre

photo of my faulty board:

DNA75c-Problem.jpg

Open a ticket with Evolv, it'll cost about £7 to send it back to them, they'll send you a new board for free
I tried but no joy.

Their reply:

Due to the cost of shipping we are unable to accept complete devices or boards for repair and/or RMA outside North America at our facility in the USA.

If you require repair service for a complete device or board('s) outside of the USA Stealth Vape is the official authorized contact for Evolv's RMA service outside of North America.

It's the 2nd Therion DNA75c I've had fail, first was fried beyond repair.

I'm wondering if it's the hard preheat punch I use on my TC settings as I rarely go over 45 watts 235c, there was debate that certain Replay themes caused issues but unproven.

Once I have the Capacitance I will get a few and keep an eye on the board temperature.

I can't without un-soldering it as it's in a circuit.

Its well beyond the warranty and I bought it used, won't they charge me? done some more digging and it looks like a 1206 capacitor perhaps they can tell me the capacitance?
I had exactly the same thing with an Esquare I bought second hand. Wrote to them asking what the missing component was, they told me to open a ticket, and within two weeks they'd sent me a new board. All they ask is that you only send the board, not the whole mod - but you've done that bit already...

I had exactly the same thing with an Esquare I bought second hand. Wrote to them asking what the missing component was, they told me to open a ticket, and within two weeks they'd sent me a new board. All they ask is that you only send the board, not the whole mod - but you've done that bit already...
Just saw that you'd tried

Have you spoken to Stealthvape? Rob's a good egg...

I tried but no joy.

Their reply:

Due to the cost of shipping we are unable to accept complete devices or boards for repair and/or RMA outside North America at our facility in the USA.

If you require repair service for a complete device or board('s) outside of the USA Stealth Vape is the official authorized contact for Evolv's RMA service outside of North America.

Seriously, email Stealthvape. Here’s the details: https://www.stealthvape.co.uk/stealthvape-lost vape-evolv,-service-warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom