What's new

EHPRO Kelpie RTA

Well I must say that leaking has been a non issue at all for me, I’ve had absolutely zero leaks. I can only suggest that you follow Vic’s dam method of wicking that he shows in his introduction videos which you can find below Also make sure you have your coil at least 2mm above the air holes so that any spitting or oozing is minimised, I’m sure you know but just in case you don’t make sure you wick fairly tight through the coil.

Hopefully this will help you have a better experience. Good luck.

Rewicked it again tonight using dam or max vg method in vics video but the same result :(

Obviously something is wrong with the way I'm doing it but I can't see what. Have a look and tell me what you think

IMG_20190801_221006.jpg IMG_20190801_221020.jpg IMG_20190801_221722.jpg IMG_20190801_222358.jpg IMG_20190801_222411.jpg IMG_20190801_222419.jpg

Obviously something is wrong with the way I'm doing it but I can't see what. Have a look and tell me what you think?

I think everything looks pretty good tbh. What about a defective top cap seal if you have changed the bottom o ring already or perhaps a slightly warped or chipped bubble glass. Maybe try using the straight glass and see if that helps. I guess it’s a process of elimination thing but I’m sorry I can’t help. You seem to use done everything right as far as I can see.

I think everything looks pretty good tbh. What about a defective top cap seal if you have changed the bottom o ring already or perhaps a slightly warped or chipped bubble glass. Maybe try using the straight glass and see if that helps. I guess it’s a process of elimination thing but I’m sorry I can’t help. You seem to use done everything right as far as I can see.
Thanks for looking at that. I'll try the other glass tonight. Not using it today, went back to the drop dead. The reason I got the kelpie was the drop dead leaked on me too lol.

Thanks for looking at that. I'll try the other glass tonight. Not using it today, went back to the drop dead. The reason I got the kelpie was the drop dead leaked on me too lol.

Actually, now I’ve looked on my iPad screen it looks to me like you don’t have enough cotton damming the juice wells. I tend to have cotton completely covering the holes and I push it gently into the holes around the screws as well as tucking the tails of the wicks in to the wells. I think your wicks are a little on the thin side, juice is getting round the side and so it leaks..
Try laying your cotton over the top of the holes as described above and you should be good to go. Get it right and it wicks like a charm and honestly no leaking at all. Let me know how you get on.

Actually, now I’ve looked on my iPad screen it looks to me like you don’t have enough cotton damming the juice wells. I tend to have cotton completely covering the holes and I push it gently into the holes around the screws as well as tucking the tails of the wicks in to the wells. I think your wicks are a little on the thin side, juice is getting round the side and so it leaks..
Try laying your cotton over the top of the holes as described above and you should be good to go. Get it right and it wicks like a charm and honestly no leaking at all. Let me know how you get on.
Going to have another go now.

I cut it to the size shown in the video and I actually had to snip a bit off the cotton as it pulled too much on the coil. It's that shoelace stuff.

Going to have another go now.

I cut it to the size shown in the video and I actually had to snip a bit off the cotton as it pulled too much on the coil. It's that shoelace stuff.
Yeah, I use Muji personally, a quarter of a pad for a 3mm I.d. coil is perfect. It’s not so much the amount through the coil though, if you lay the cotton down into the juice wells, wet it with eliquid then lift it up from the bottom so it bunches up and spreads out at the top and then gently push some of the excess at the top into the gap around the screw holes and you should be golden.

Yeah, I use Muji personally, a quarter of a pad for a 3mm I.d. coil is perfect. It’s not so much the amount through the coil though, if you lay the cotton down into the juice wells, wet it with eliquid then lift it up from the bottom so it bunches up and spreads out at the top and then gently push some of the excess at the top into the gap around the screw holes and you should be golden.
Sorry for not updating yesterday.

Spent Friday and last night rewicking, can't remember how many times I did it but all with the bubble glass failed. Did it with the straight glass and the quick method and it seems fine now, though I have just had it in the house and not out and about and in pockets etc that will be the real test.

Looks like the bubble glass was the issue, though I did notice that if you screw the top onto the deck without the glass on the kelpie insignia lines up perfectly with one of the wicking channels. When you put the glass on its slightly off and the threads don't seem as smooth either. I might have been looking for issues a bit too closely though.

I'll see what's it's like for the next few days, if its OK I'll order some of the replacement bubbly glasses. If it leaks again it'll be going back.

Sorry for not updating yesterday.

Spent Friday and last night rewicking, can't remember how many times I did it but all with the bubble glass failed. Did it with the straight glass and the quick method and it seems fine now, though I have just had it in the house and not out and about and in pockets etc that will be the real test.

Looks like the bubble glass was the issue, though I did notice that if you screw the top onto the deck without the glass on the kelpie insignia lines up perfectly with one of the wicking channels. When you put the glass on its slightly off and the threads don't seem as smooth either. I might have been looking for issues a bit too closely though.

I'll see what's it's like for the next few days, if its OK I'll order some of the replacement bubbly glasses. If it leaks again it'll be going back.
I’m glad to hear that you’ve had some luck using the straight glass with the quick method,that’s how I do mine except I use Muji Cotton pads instead. I haven’t used the bubble glass yet as I haven’t felt the need too and I haven’t taken it out and about with me. I watched Vic’s wicking method a few times pausing the YouTube video whilst doing my own step by step and I found that a massive help for me.

I’m glad to hear that you’ve had some luck using the straight glass with the quick method,that’s how I do mine except I use Muji Cotton pads instead. I haven’t used the bubble glass yet as I haven’t felt the need too and I haven’t taken it out and about with me. I watched Vic’s wicking method a few times pausing the YouTube video whilst doing my own step by step and I found that a massive help for me.
Leaked again . Doesnt seem to have any consistency to it. Worked well all day then late at night, leak. Worked OK this morning then in the afternoon leak.

Will send it back this week, unsure if I get a refund or replacement. What's the best single coil top airflow rta, the intake?

Sorry to hear that mate,I was really hoping it was going to work for you. I don’t have the Intake myself but I have heard good things about it. Apparently it’s quite a restricted draw so I don’t know if that suits your style or not,I personally like that and I am also thinking of getting one but I need to do a little more research first as I’ve heard that although it won’t leak from the airflow unless turned upside down the deck is capable of flooding if not wicked correctly.

Back
Top Bottom