What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

EHPRO Kelpie RTA

I'm using a 2.5 mm coil so will give it a go with a 3 mm.
Yes I would do, I also spaced my coil to use the full length of the air flow. Have the coil 1.5-2mm above the central holes and wick tightly through the coil to avoid any leakage, I've had none at all. I must say the flavour is at least equal to the rebirth rta although obviously not such a saturated and wet feeling vape as it's only a single coil. But I have been generally impressed with it, I would say keep experimenting. I think you could fit a 3.5mm in there but it would restrict the airflow even more so probably not worth doing, I think 3mm I.d. is where it is at with this rta

Thinking of getting one of these. Does anyone know if the screws got replaced with better ones, can't seem to find a definitive answer online.

Thinking of getting one of these. Does anyone know if the screws got replaced with better ones, can't seem to find a definitive answer online.

The second batch onwards of tanks had the replacement grub screws in the bag of spares but still ships with the original screws in the deck. I would highly recommend swapping them out immediately if you do get one, and to be extremely careful when doing so. I almost stripped one of the screws on the first attempt of unscrewing as just one of the screws was so tightly in the deck. But, once done, this is an ace RTA, great flavour and vape quality. I would highly recommend.

The second batch onwards of tanks had the replacement grub screws in the bag of spares but still ships with the original screws in the deck. I would highly recommend swapping them out immediately if you do get one, and to be extremely careful when doing so. I almost stripped one of the screws on the first attempt of unscrewing as just one of the screws was so tightly in the deck. But, once done, this is an ace RTA, great flavour and vape quality. I would highly recommend.
Got it today and it did have grub screws so swapped them out and to be fair they came out OK (did treat them like I was playing operation though lol).

Found it a bit ironic that he made the deck so the coils could be fitted the same way, but it comes with 2 coils that go in different directions. Makes no difference to me, but that was my first thought.

Built it with the included coils and it came out at 0.34, which is a little higher than I've seen in the review videos, but it was fine.

Flavour was ace even way down at 30 Watts. Found my sweet spot at 40 Watts and been ploughing through my juice, must have refilled the tank about 6 times already.

There was an offer on the ADVKEN Manta and 20% discount code so picked up one of those as well. I was going to build both and compare, but after trying the kelpie I didn't bother today.

Flavour was ace even way down at 30 Watts. Found my sweet spot at 40 Watts and been ploughing through my juice.

Im pleased hat you’re enjoying your kelpie as much as me, it really is a great RTA. The only concern I have now is that the bubble glass seems to be really ultra thin and seems like it would break very easily, although to be fair it has held up fine so far. However, it just feels so delicate when cleaning it that I had to order some spare glass. I ordered a five pack from FastTech and it was dirt cheap and gives peace of mind. The shipping issues seem to be sorted, at least they are if you don’t use epacket option. I used Hong Kong post option and received my latest order in five days which is great, the tracking is saying the package is still in China but I got it today LOL.

So I would recommend you do the same for piece of mind if you truly do enjoy your Kelpie as it would be an ass using it with the straight glass, you would have to refill every 3 minutes! Vape On!

Im pleased hat you’re enjoying your kelpie as much as me, it really is a great RTA. The only concern I have now is that the bubble glass seems to be really ultra thin and seems like it would break very easily, although to be fair it has held up fine so far. However, it just feels so delicate when cleaning it that I had to order some spare glass. I ordered a five pack from FastTech and it was dirt cheap and gives peace of mind. The shipping issues seem to be sorted, at least they are if you don’t use epacket option. I used Hong Kong post option and received my latest order in five days which is great, the tracking is saying the package is still in China but I got it today LOL.

So I would recommend you do the same for piece of mind if you truly do enjoy your Kelpie as it would be an ass using it with the straight glass, you would have to refill every 3 minutes! Vape On!
Thanks for that.

After the first few days of elation I have been brought back to earth with a bang because of leaking issues :(. Rewicked it twice and changed the o ring at the bottom (didn't know what else to do) but it's still leaking out of the airflow holes.

Thanks for that.

After the first few days of elation I have been brought back to earth with a bang because of leaking issues :(. Rewicked it twice and changed the o ring at the bottom (didn't know what else to do) but it's still leaking out of the airflow holes.

Well I must say that leaking has been a non issue at all for me, I’ve had absolutely zero leaks. I can only suggest that you follow Vic’s dam method of wicking that he shows in his introduction videos which you can find below Also make sure you have your coil at least 2mm above the air holes so that any spitting or oozing is minimised, I’m sure you know but just in case you don’t make sure you wick fairly tight through the coil.

Hopefully this will help you have a better experience. Good luck.

Well I must say that leaking has been a non issue at all for me, I’ve had absolutely zero leaks. I can only suggest that you follow Vic’s dam method of wicking that he shows in his introduction videos which you can find below Also make sure you have your coil at least 2mm above the air holes so that any spitting or oozing is minimised, I’m sure you know but just in case you don’t make sure you wick fairly tight through the coil.

Hopefully this will help you have a better experience. Good luck.

I agree with you,I also never rake the cotton out and I also always close the airflow before filling . I love mine so much I’ve ordered a second one in the black. I did have some seepage issues to begin with but now it’s working well and the flavour is great.

I drilled out the bottom central airflow holes on mine.
Found it too restricted.
I like a restricted draw and have mine set to at least half way and smaller,I vape this at about 50W max so it suits me perfectly but of course we all have our preferences. I mostly MTL and this RTA is about as airy I’d go,because of this I’m also considering getting the Augvape Intake as I’ve heard that’s restricted too but need to do some more research. What builds have you tried in yours mate? I’m still using one of the coils that came with it.

Back
Top Bottom