What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

e-pipe wonders

Stu i made an e-pipe a few years ago...think it went to france in a charity comp giveaway....any help let me know
tapatalk_1524064674699.jpeg

THANKS!....i think it had a dna40 inside and it got some attention at vape jam a few years ago

I take it that was a unique piece? I quite fancy having a one off special made for me someday....I even have a bowl to use, but I don't know enough about the technicalities of building one safely to do it myself, even though I am quite practical in nature, and do own a plenty of woodworking tools.

This is what I've got...it's never been fired, was made from an off cut of a cherry tree (I think), by a friend of my dad, in the 1960's. I don't think the stem can be used, it's too narrow..but the bowl would take a large battery easily, after reaming it out. Where does one go to find the bits to make a mod anyway? Especially the chips..as i'm wary of mechs & the horror stories I've read about them blowing up. I think i'd prefer a regulated set up, as it what I use anyway.

This is what I've got (next to my Karmy K1000 plus for size comparison):

DSCF2333.JPG

It would be interesting if he did say that - I have never used the recommended tanks on the Kamry pipes, and I know he was fine with using the Nauti on the original Kamry ....... I'm just not so sure about the Plus. As you say, the electronics might make a difference. I originally rang him and had a long chat, he was very helpful. Keep me posted?

And yes, all good here thanks. :)

Heya, well it's been 4 days since i put a new 1.8 BVC coil in the Nautilus 2 tank..and guess what...it's already starting to taste burnt today. Looks as if, yet again, i've got another pack of duff coils. I get more duff ones than good ones, more's the pity. Raising the issue with Aspire's Quality control.....anybody else getting this problem? It's not as it i have the wattage set too high either, about 9-10 watt max.

Maybe i should look elsewhere to get them, rather than from Ebay vendors.

Still not entirely convinced that the Kamry is blame free, so I think i'll get a new bowl in any case, see how that goes.

Last edited:
Heya, well it's been 4 days since i put a new 1.8 BVC coil in the Nautilus 2 tank..and guess what...it's already starting to taste burnt today. Looks as if, yet again, i've got another pack of duff coils. I get more duff ones than good ones, more's the pity. Raising the issue with Aspire's Quality control.....anybody else getting this problem? It's not as it i have the wattage set too high either, about 9-10 watt max.

Maybe i should look elsewhere to get them, rather than from Ebay vendors.

Still not entirely convince that the Kamry is blame free, so I think i'll get a new bowl in any case, see how that goes.
There are LOTS of dodgy Aspire coils about - these guys have a good rep on here:

https://www.wholesalecoils.co.uk/collections/aspire-coils

There are LOTS of dodgy Aspire coils about - these guys have a good rep on here:

https://www.wholesalecoils.co.uk/collections/aspire-coils

Okay cheers Crewella...i've one packet left...so i'll see how they go...if they're rubbish too, then i'll try this site...the prices are similar to what pay on ebay anyhow. I notice the packaging is different on this site..me wonder if i have got a bunch of duffs now. Hard to believe as mine do have that code strip on them, unless they can be faked too?

Oh PS...been looking at an Smok epipe, it's on the deals page on here, the Smok Guardian 2..i gather it's an old model as there is that hideous mk 3 version. But i quite like the G2, it's suited for a low wattage MTL use and can take a Naut mini. Just wondering if you've tried it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom