What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

e-pipe wonders

Hello folks.

It's been some time since I last visited here, not been well these last few months, but doing better now. I wanted to ask @Crewella (hello) or anybody who knows anything about the cute Kamry K1000 plus, as mine has developed a fault, I think. The Kamry is my favourite daily user, it's now about 8 months old since I bought it and began using it every day. It still uses a Nautilus mini tank (fitted with the s/s cage) & 1.8 ohm coils. Just lately, it's been burning through coils at a rate of every 2 days or so, which it never used to. I use the same ejuice in it (Vjuice Tuned in Cherry), but the coils just don't seem to last long now? I must admit, I have dropped it a couple of times on a hard floor, so wondering if the chip inside is damaged? If so, how do I check that it is, and is it possible to replace it? It should be noted, that Aspire coils seem to vary in quality and duration, as I have gone through whole packs in the past that were duds, but generally speaking, the good ones would last up to 10-14 days, before needing replacing. Since the Kamry was design to be used with stock tank (which if I recall, uses a .5ohm coil - I never used it), and I know Kamry is only semi regulated, maybe the chip isn't set up to run a plus ohm coil/tank set up? Dunno….but perhaps Crewella can shed some light on this..as I do wish to fix it if poss. I love my little Kamry! :17:

If the chip is knackered, and can't be replaced (I bought it from Petersham's Pipes), maybe somebody could suggest a replacement? Idealy I only need the bowl/battery/chip, as I wish to continue using the naut mini tank. Any help would appreciated, thanks.

Oh..while I think of it, I will be getting around to doing some giveaways soon, as I've found my groove now, and there are some stuff i'm not using, just sitting in a cupboard, mainly ejuice packs that I won't be using, but some unused tanks too. I'll probably do it after the BF week has finished, my 9 month anniversary is coming up in couple of weeks time..still happily vaping! And saving shedloads of money!

Found some fantastic really cheap Vape & Glory juice deals of late, (the company folded earlier this year, so I gather, which is a pity), so now well stocked up on my favourite flavours, with more if I need it...but they are all short-life stock, hence the cheap prices. But that doesn't matter does it? Was wondering what exactly does 'go off' with ejuices? Anybody still vaping juices well after sell by dates passed with no issues?

Anyway..enuff nattering....hello again folks....vape on dudes!
icon_puffy.gif
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32952...d=1741amp-Mx5y2_SxbK2OcYRBfBULjQ1542458424820

Hiya Crewella! Thanks for good wishes, hope you're well too?

I had thought of contacting him...but haven't found an email addy yet. I won't get the replacement bowl just yet, as I need to check out whether it's just naff coils again..which wouldn't surprise me...but if it's not that..then it'll be something wrong with the chip I guess. I'm wondering dropping it on the floor has damaged it, although that was some months ago and it has worked fine since, till now.

Just wondering though, if he'll just say I shouldn't be using the Nautilus tank on it, as that's not the tank it came with though? Or does that not matter? I'm not very techy..so I've no idea how these chips work anyhow.
It would be interesting if he did say that - I have never used the recommended tanks on the Kamry pipes, and I know he was fine with using the Nauti on the original Kamry ....... I'm just not so sure about the Plus. As you say, the electronics might make a difference. I originally rang him and had a long chat, he was very helpful. Keep me posted?

And yes, all good here thanks. :)

It would be interesting if he did say that - I have never used the recommended tanks on the Kamry pipes, and I know he was fine with using the Nauti on the original Kamry ....... I'm just not so sure about the Plus. As you say, the electronics might make a difference. I originally rang him and had a long chat, he was very helpful. Keep me posted?

And yes, all good here thanks. :)

Aye will do. As I recall, the original K1000 does also have a chip in it too...I presume the plus is similar...but i'll find out in time, once I've ruled out the coils first.

Aye will do. As I recall, the original K1000 does also have a chip in it too...I presume the plus is similar...but i'll find out in time, once I've ruled out the coils first.
The original K1000 is a mech, but good sellers like Petersham Pipes added a separate safety fuse (a disc that snaps on to the bottom of your battery with a magnet) for some protection.

The original K1000 is a mech, but good sellers like Petersham Pipes added a separate safety fuse (a disc that snaps on to the bottom of your battery with a magnet) for some protection.

Yes, so I gather on his website. I've not seen fit to try and take the lid off the bowl on my plus yet, but I presume it does come off.

I've just fitted a 1.8 bvc coil to my Naut 2 tank..gonna see how long that lasts, before deciding what to do with the Kamry.

Yes, so I gather on his website. I've not seen fit to try and take the lid off the bowl on my plus yet, but I presume it does come off.

I've just fitted a 1.8 bvc coil to my Naut 2 tank..gonna see how long that lasts, before deciding what to do with the Kamry.
I've never dared try either - the Plus is a built-in battery, whereas the original K1000 took replaceable 19350s, so you were meant to take the top off! :D

Back
Top Bottom