What's new

Dual coil RTA fun

gamma17

Initiate
It's not my usual vaping style, but I was intrigued to try a couple of YouTube reviewers' dual coil RTAs. I really enjoyed setting them up with some PC Coils and trying out the "troll doll" style of wicking in the Type Two.

Attachments

• IMG_3121.jpeg
    IMG_3121.jpeg
    691.9 KB · Views: 55
How’ve you found the type 2? I have to say I’ve been struggling. Firstly, the first time I took the tank apart I shredded the bottom O-ring. I’ve smashed the glass (my fault, it was a drop) but most of all I can’t stop it leaking. I’ve tried the troll doll wicking method and really stuffed the cotton on but it’s still prone to a leak. A shame as the flavour is great and it looks sleek.

How’ve you found the type 2? I have to say I’ve been struggling. Firstly, the first time I took the tank apart I shredded the bottom O-ring. I’ve smashed the glass (my fault, it was a drop) but most of all I can’t stop it leaking. I’ve tried the troll doll wicking method and really stuffed the cotton on but it’s still prone to a leak. A shame as the flavour is great and it looks sleek.
The O-rings aren't great - I think they stuck to the glass when I took it apart for initial cleaning. I haven't had any leaks so far (a few hours now). Like you, I really stuffed the wicks down into the corners. I did use a lot of cotton bacon: I pulled it very tight through the 2.5 mm coils, twisting it to pull it through. And I didn't thin it out.

The O-rings aren't great - I think they stuck to the glass when I took it apart for initial cleaning. I haven't had any leaks so far (a few hours now). Like you, I really stuffed the wicks down into the corners. I did use a lot of cotton bacon: I pulled it very tight through the 2.5 mm coils, twisting it to pull it through. And I didn't thin it out.

The o-rings and glass are disappointing I think for a £70 RTA. I’m using 2.5mm coils as well, I think 3mm would be too restrictive on the deck and am really struggling to get enough cotton into them I think. Good to know it can be done. I might try another rewick tomorrow! Enjoy the vape pal.

The o-rings and glass are disappointing I think for a £70 RTA. I’m using 2.5mm coils as well, I think 3mm would be too restrictive on the deck and am really struggling to get enough cotton into them I think. Good to know it can be done. I might try another rewick tomorrow! Enjoy the vape pal.
Thanks - and good luck with the rewick! :-)

Well I’ve rewicked. No leaking this time but now the Type 2 refuses to work on any DNA mod. I’ve had to resort to putting it onto an old beater where the coils are reading .25 (so hardly too low a build which is normally where you get coil reading issues with the DNA chip in my experience).

Any clues? Anyone? Aaargh!! It’s such a shame as the flavour and draw is superb from the RTA.

69740282-3963-4C8F-8897-F8C6571A26F9.jpeg

Well I’ve rewicked. No leaking this time but now the Type 2 refuses to work on any DNA mod. I’ve had to resort to putting it onto an old beater where the coils are reading .25 (so hardly too low a build which is normally where you get coil reading issues with the DNA chip in my experience).

Any clues? Anyone? Aaargh!! It’s such a shame as the flavour and draw is superb from the RTA.

View attachment 241690
What DNA mod?

I have no issues with low resistance builds on either of mine, but the DNA200 I have has a very deep 510 connection so certain attys don't make great contact with the center pin.

View attachment 241690
Glad you got the wicking sorted and are enjoying the vape! I have a 0.13 build in mine and test fired it with no problems on three different DNA mods with spring-loaded 510s. The positive pin on my Type Two protrudes about 1 mm, which is way more than adequate to make a connection. I assume yours does too? The only thing I can think of is that you could see if it needs any tightening with a screwdriver.

What DNA mod?

I have no issues with low resistance builds on either of mine, but the DNA200 I have has a very deep 510 connection so certain attys don't make great contact with the center pin.

I’ve tried two DNA mods: the Mono Signature Tip SQ and also the Lost Vape Thelema. Neither will read the bloody thing!

Back
Top Bottom