What's new

Dual battery regulated squonk options

Rage is a handful but was very ergonomic for me as a right-handed thumb firer, super comfy, super heavy and was expensive on release at roughly £100.

I bought the Basium on release date, which is rare for me, but it comes in green which means I had to have it :D I bought mine purely to use at higher power and ran it at 120w through the time I had it, battery life was brilliant considering! Build quality is surprisingly good and it has a good squonk action, paint is very durable and zero button rattle - has a very quick on-off-on operation too, I'm a lazy bastard for locking mods and have had a few pocket fires because of it, it was quick and easy with the Basium and got me in to a better habit! It's a damn good mod even though you have to refill regularly. But personally, the Topside Dual's capacity interests me more, but you can get the Basium and a decent atty for the same money ;)
Hmmm looks like its between the basium and topside, I've ordered a rebirth RDA which will be coming on Monday hopefully, and then come payday il be getting 1 of the aforementioned, but as you mentioned the 10ml and easy topfill si really good, just need to make a decision if it's worth that extra 15-20 extra to get that cos I've seen the basium for 45 pounds

Before you decide, bare in mind the Topside Dual is taller than the Rage or Pulse, i don't know about the Basium as i've not seen or used one.

Before you decide, bare in mind the Topside Dual is taller than the Rage or Pulse, i don't know about the Basium as i've not seen or used one.
I just had a quick look the topside is 88.5mm and the basium is 80mm, the rage is 82mm

Aye, Basium is really short for an 18650 mod, personally, being a large handed fella, I'd have preferred the Basium to be taller but I got a comfy fit tucking my pinkie under the base :)

Basium and Rage are both 8+ months old mods, an eternity in vaping - Topside is very new and you pay for the capacity improvement in the height of the mod. But all are very decent mid range dual battery squonkers - buy what you like and can afford, you'll not be disappointed with any of them :)

I'd still like an original Topside 21700 - ordered one cheap in the sales that got cancelled, bought a super cheap alternative that arrived not functioning as it should do :( Got a nice atty I plan to to run at 65w ish max and think a single 21700 mod running a Samsung 40t would be a cracking daily carry - I'll pick an OG Topside up for it at some point.

Aye, Basium is really short for an 18650 mod, personally, being a large handed fella, I'd have preferred the Basium to be taller but I got a comfy fit tucking my pinkie under the base :)

Basium and Rage are both 8+ months old mods, an eternity in vaping - Topside is very new and you pay for the capacity improvement in the height of the mod. But all are very decent mid range dual battery squonkers - buy what you like and can afford, you'll not be disappointed with any of them :)

I'd still like an original Topside 21700 - ordered one cheap in the sales that got cancelled, bought a super cheap alternative that arrived not functioning as it should do :( Got a nice atty I plan to to run at 65w ish max and think a single 21700 mod running a Samsung 40t would be a cracking daily carry - I'll pick an OG Topside up for it at some point.
Ah I'm the opposite lol, I have tiny hands Haha, I've seen my work colleagues single topside and when I saw it for the 1st time in person I was like wow, that is taller than I expected, but like you said you do get that extra capacity. Apart from the design the topside and basium use the same chipset I think from what people have told me, like atm I have sense screen subohm tank which triple true mesh and I dont even go through a full tank of that and that's like 7ml capacity, so hmm something to think about lol, thank you for the suggestions

I've just seen the reuleaux luxotic for 30 pounds in sale, wonder if it's any good, il have a quick look see on the reviews for ir

The vv dual is the smallest out of all of em [emoji106]
Indeed it is, clocks in at 75.8mm, I did have a look at that, price isnt bad as ive saw it for 50 quid mod only, overall design I like i just dont like the plastic bit on the front

Last edited:
Indeed it is, clocks in at 75.8mm, I did have a look at that, price isnt bad as ive saw it for 50 quid mod only, overall design I like i just dont like the plastic bit on the front
I've only had mine for 4 days, but I must say can't find fault with it,
It's ergonomic, squonk bottle and fire are on the same side , which works for me and the pulse RDA is very nice, easy to build on and leak free, ideal for out and about

I have a Basium & Topside Dual.

I'm afraid the Basium does not get a look in for day to day use. The Topside Dual has been faultless (as has my Topside single.) Simply no mess/leaking.

The Basium is much prettier. And a good bit smaller, size and juice capacity wise. I have looked into getting a couple of Geronimo bottles to increse the capacity and also to stop the silicone taste/smell from both the light and dark Basium bottles. The chip can not be upgraded either if TC/puff counter etc matters.

I would have punted it on here by now if I could.

Back
Top Bottom