What's new

Drip shield help

Ssscrudddy

Postman
What else do I need please?

My batteries are Tornado Ego C (from TW) I have used their DCTs on them, & I have also used a Vivi Nova on them.

I decided to try dripping, so I ordered the following items from Safercigs.co.uk (good service, ordered Friday, arrived Saturday)

Bauway 306 LR bridged atomisers
Canon 306 Drip tip the only choice was colour.
510/901/306 Drip shield the only choice was colour.

Well the atty goes on the battery fine, & the drip tip goes on the atty fine.

But I cant work out what I'm supposed to do with the drip shield. The drip shield is too big for the atty, it sort of fits onto the battery itself but the battery isnt long enough to reach the o ring properly. I'm guessing I need an adapter.

Also the Canon drip tip wont do anything with the drip shield either. I tried the drip tip that came with my DCTs on the drip shield but thats not really a fit, its just the o rings touching. I also tried the drip tip that came with the Viv Nova, but that just drops straight through the drip shield. (Yet I can swap these drip tips between the DCTs & the Vivi Nova not a problem!)

Edit to add I've worked out the drip shield fits perfectly over the cartomiser that is inside the DCTs from TW but that doesnt really help me lol.

Last edited:
Drip shield slides down over the atty after it is attached to the battery, once you put the shield is on, then you pop on a standard 510 drip tip.
(i think, you may need an adapter? not sure)

The cannon drip tip is just be used with the atty and no shield :)

Last edited:
What KMS said. The 306 Cannon drip tip is a combined shield / tip designed especially for it.
Ive only used a drip shield on conventional 510 and 901 atomisers which have a short metal tube over which the drip shield slides.

OK, thanks guys. So basically I just wasted £2.50 on a shield. That's two thirds of a pint of beer that I'll never get to drink!
Smiley-Crying2.gif

If that's the most you waste on bits of kit and juice you will have done very well :)

It's ok thanks, I reckon I'll keep it. I can always try some of those 510 atomisers at some point. It's anodised red

@Ssscrudddy don't throw the Drip Shield away just get a X Long 306 driptip like this http://tinyurl.com/blqpwqw
no need for a 510 to 510 adapter not with ego fitting
if you use a normal 510 you use the adapter to seal on the bottom "O" ring of shield but with a ego it seals on top of battery
hope this helps you get no leaks then with about 8 drops Dripped

£2.50 is good for a drip shield try looking at the inventors Page http://tinyurl.com/7dvhb8f

they do do nice ones though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom