What's new

Dovpo Vee Battery slot

phatbhoy

Postman
Recently bought a couple of these from Rainbow and, in both cases the battery in one of the slots just refuses to come out. No matter how much shaking, it will not budge. The 18650's I am using have pretty thin wraps which I put on myself and they are super tight on the battery so I cannot see this being the prob; you can also turn the battery in situ without any prob, but it won't come out. I remember when I put the batteries in initially, they slid in easily except there was a tiny little bit of resistance on the +_ve down battery and it is this one that refuses to come out......anyone??:17:

That is extremely odd, I cant see how that can happen. I've had random probs with the Vee not liking one or two sets of older batteries (connection issues). I've got a set Molicels in the Vee right now, waving a pencil, in a cave, comes to mind, no tightness at all, and Molicels can be problematic, with some mods, they don't go in easy.

Last edited:
That is extremely odd, I cant see how that can happen. I've had random probs with the Vee not liking one or two sets of older batteries (connection issues). I've got a set Molicels in the Vee right now, waving a pencil, in a cave, comes to mind, no tightness at all, and Molicels can be problematic, with some some mods, they don't go in easy.
Using VTc 6's. Managed to lever it out making a small tool out of a welding rod. Tried the Molicel P26A and it seems ok. Looking at it I think it is the recessed ring on the +ve end binding in the entrance to the slot. Solution seems to be.....use Molicel {P26A's, wrecked the VTC 6 getting it out anyway. Wouldn't feel right moaning 'bout a mod I paid less than 15 quid for:54:my thx for the speedy reply andi

You can remove the battery door easy enough, torx T5. Remove the battery doors and see how easy (or not) the batteries slide into the tubes.

You can remove the battery door easy enough, torx T5. Remove the battery doors and see how easy (or not) the batteries slide into the tubes.
will give it a go and let you know mate, my thx

@andi52 Seems that it depends on the way you slide the battery in. it binds on the last couple of mm where the recess is just below the +ve terminal, it freely rotates when in, but just wont slide out. If you rotate the battery a little bit at a time it seems to get to a bit it isn't binding then slips out no prob. A heads up for anyone getting the same prob.....just keep turning the battery a little and it will get to a bit where it doesn't bind. Have tried 10 batteries and it's the same with all of them, in both mods. If I wasn't like a coo wi a gun and had been a little more canny (or asked here first) I might not be an 18650 down:12:

Might be counter-intuitive, push the battery then wiggle it, seems to be kinda spring-loaded in mine.

If I wasn't like a coo wi a gun and had been a little more canny (or asked here first) I might not be an 18650 down:12:

I think you've summed it up, been there myself, sometimes you have to walk away, and think about it, even if it's only for 5 minutes.

I think you've summed it up, been there myself, sometimes you have to walk away, and think about it, even if it's only for 5 minutes.
Patience simply isn't my forte @andi52, I came very close to doing a Jai Haze on it:30: (it was less than 15 bux:16:)

images

Back
Top Bottom