What's new

Dopvo Topside 90w mod draining batteries rapidly.

Blimy. I've had mine 12 months and not touched it. I'd better have a look.

Thank you for all your advice. I decided to strip it down as much as I could and found a hideous mess of liquid in every nook and cranny. It was wrapped so there was also a sheen of juice under that as well. Cleaned it all up with acetone and put it back together and it looks like it might have done the job. I think really a daily mod should probably be cleaned in this way at least every couple of weeks - not 6 months! That juice just gets everywhere.

Those batteries (which were brand new) which were discharged down to 1.6v - are they salvagable or should I discard them?

Sorry for the late reply as we are out of the offices until now. Glad that you fixed it yourself.
Yes battery issue sometimes came out because of some leaking and we advice them to clean it out themselves.
If you have any further questions please email us at [email protected] our after sales team will help you.

Thank you, and have a great day.

I've read reports of leaking topsides. The fix is somewhat a diy thing but to fully take it apart there's some desoldering/soldering involved. Not sure what the word is in english, but after taking it aprat there's full access to 510 area that leaks and then some "silicone" is applied to that, isolating for good the leakage.

Main daily fix for this leaky topsides is to avoid hard squonking. Not overfilling the bottle and not pressing it too hard.

Once I had cleaned it it worked for another day or so and then when I was driving along I noticed a funny electrical burning smell. I pulled over, looked down and black smoke was coming from the Topside. I quickly removed the battery as I thought it might be venting but it was fine. It clearly was the internal electonics. Mod is now fried. Be careful with them.

Once I had cleaned it it worked for another day or so and then when I was driving along I noticed a funny electrical burning smell. I pulled over, looked down and black smoke was coming from the Topside. I quickly removed the battery as I thought it might be venting but it was fine. It clearly was the internal electonics. Mod is now fried. Be careful with them.
I'd be interested in its corpse, if you are willing to part with it.

I'd be interested in its corpse, if you are willing to part with it.
You are more than welcome. I have taken it completely apart which means I had to cut the solder to the battery connector but if you'd like it you can have it. All bits are there

This is what always put me off trying a squonker. I'd be too worried about juice leaking from it onto the batteries and electrics. I'm much happier with a good tank with a 6ml bubble glass. Juice in one place and batteries and electrics in another and never the twain should meet. :)

You are more than welcome. I have taken it completely apart which means I had to cut the solder to the battery connector but if you'd like it you can have it. All bits are there
Yeah, that'll be fine. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom