What's new

Don't think vaping is for me

But i smoke so no need for nicotine

So why try vaping at all?

If it's in any way related to using it as a tool for smoking cessation or cutting down, then you'll need the nicotine from somewhere to satisfy your addiction to nicotine.

If it's in any way related to using it as a tool for smoking cessation or cutting down, then you'll need the nicotine from somewhere to satisfy your addiction to nicotine.
I'm confused.com

I did stop for 11 days then i had that shit cough and i mean really bad. So after it got better i thought try to vape with no nic and carrying on smoking to see if i can get use to vaping then get some licquid with nic in and hopefully stop smoking.

I also started to feel that vaping isn't for me lately, I vape less and less. And then I realized, the original reason why I picked up an e cig was because I want to quit smoking, not because i enjoy the taste or like the clouds. It turned into a hobby, and now my quest to become nicotine free is coming to an end. In the next few weeks i will decrease my nicotine intake to 0.1mg/ml, i will stay like that for a maximum of 3 months. And then - vaping will no longer be for me so i will get rid of all my vape gear and stop completely. I predict that i will quit around the February area, meaning that it took me 1 year in total to go from 20+ fags a day to 0, completely stopping vaping in the process.

What device/kit are you using? What is the nicotine strength? How much do you vape? How long did you smoke for? What do you think it would take in order for you to enjoy it? And last but definitely not leas - do you want to quit smoking tobacco?

Maybe vaping isn't for you. You know what else isn't for you? <insert one of MANY devastating health problems caused by smoking>. But then again, that health problem is for you. Only you can decide which one you want.

Please don't read it in a patronizing way, i wish that someone said those words to me 3 years ago when i looked at a guy with an e cig and thought yo myself "wow what an idiot. these fools think this shit really works? AHAHHA".

I also started to feel that vaping isn't for me lately, I vape less and less. And then I realized, the original reason why I picked up an e cig was because I want to quit smoking, not because i enjoy the taste or like the clouds. It turned into a hobby, and now my quest to become nicotine free is coming to an end. In the next few weeks i will decrease my nicotine intake to 0.1mg/ml, i will stay like that for a maximum of 3 months. And then - vaping will no longer be for me so i will get rid of all my vape gear and stop completely. I predict that i will quit around the February area, meaning that it took me 1 year in total to go from 20+ fags a day to 0, completely stopping vaping in the process.

What device/kit are you using? What is the nicotine strength? How much do you vape? How long did you smoke for? What do you think it would take in order for you to enjoy it? And last but definitely not leas - do you want to quit smoking tobacco?

Maybe vaping isn't for you. You know what else isn't for you? <insert one of MANY devastating health problems caused by smoking>. But then again, that health problem is for you. Only you can decide which one you want.

Please don't read it in a patronizing way, i wish that someone said those words to me 3 years ago when i looked at a guy with an e cig and thought yo myself "wow what an idiot. these fools think this shit really works? AHAHHA".

Hi use MVP 3.0 Pro and Aspire Nautilus Mini BVC smoked for 43 years and yes i would like to stop if i can. Most of my family have died from cancer before the age of 60

Hi use MVP 3.0 Pro and Aspire Nautilus Mini BVC smoked for 43 years and yes i would like to stop if i can. Most of my family have died from cancer before the age of 60
We will get to the bottom of this eventually.

Whoever told you to use 100% VG juice clearly doesn't know his stuff. VG is thick by nature, 100% VG in the Nautilus will give you 100% problems. It doesn't wick into the cotton well due to viscosity, so you're vaping a mixture of cotton and ceramic.

You mentioned that even with 50/50 juice you get the coughs too. Does it feel like the same king of cough as with the 100% juice? I think that it could be down to the same cause - bad wicking. You still need to take care and to do what is known as priming - the process of making sure that the coil is saturated well enough BEFORE you take the first pull. Otherwise you will burn it straight away and the bad taste and coughs may stay even if you do wick it properly after.

What is the nicotine content of the 50/50 juice? I suggest you try 1.2mg, the idea here is not to make you taste it or get your nicotine levels up, the whole point is to work out the cause of the coughs.
What wattage are you using on the MVP? It is possible to burn a coil even if the wicking is done right. Don't take puffs that are longer than 3 seconds and don't go over 15 watts.

Get a new coil, do this:
Put a droples of juice onto each hole at the side. Repeat a few times and watch is soak into the little holes as you do it. Once you can see that the juice isn't as fast as it did at the start - you are ready for next step.
Now, very carefully, put tiny ammounts of juice onto the steel mesh that is inside the coil (do not put juice in the actual hole in the centre of the mesh).
Screw the coil into the tank. Fill up. Leave it to stand in upright position for 10 minutes.
Start vaping, but don't actually turn on the device. Yes - pretend that you are vaping, inhale as if you are vaping normally. Repeat the process a few times, taking SLOW LONG drags using one of the smaller airflow holes. Leave to stand for one minute.
Turn on power on the device, set it to 7 watts and start vaping. At first do it slow, take 5 - 6 pulls on it (DON'T chain vape, take your time). Turn up the wattage to 9 watts - repeat the same thing as before. Keep doing this till you get to around 12-13 watts. This should suffice for now. Let us know if you are getting the cloughs.

There are other reasons for why peopel can cough, but i think that it is likely to bad wicking, so let's concentrate on this first.

Hi the cough i had with 50/50 12mg was really bad and only started coughing after a few days of vaping with it, people said to much nic so i went down to 6mb I know is might sound stupid but it also stopped me getting erections from to much nic loll

Then after a week i tried 100%VG no nic and when i vape a tiny bit and try to enale it i cough and so does the wife and shes been fine on the 50/50. I use 7 and 11 watts

I did put new coil in and left it stand as i was told but still the same, it does not taste bad it taste really nice. But i go light headed and can't think straight i work on servers all day and could not focus.

Vaping cotton and ceramic does sound good i did see a video about these tanks saying there not sure if the stuff is harmful.

PS since not using it for 2 days i head feels really clear now :)

Last edited:
Perhaps you're being overloaded with nicotine? It used to happen to me a lot before I learned how to accurately gauge whether my brain wants nicotine or not and whether i should vape. Maybe because of the nice taste you are vaping too much without realizing it?

50/50 12mg is a good place to start if quitting smoking if your objective, it gives good throat hit and nicotine. Maybe try get a 0mg 50/50 juice and vape on that - if the loss of concentration and light headed sensation goes away then you'll know that it is the nicotine that was doing it. Trying a different brand of juice may be a good idea.

http://www.onepoundeliquid.com/ is a good place to get some cheap juice. The 40PG/69VG should work fine. Nautilus coils handle up to 70VG without problems (but you need to be careful not to chain vape too much at 70).

Perhaps you're being overloaded with nicotine? It used to happen to me a lot before I learned how to accurately gauge whether my brain wants nicotine or not and whether i should vape. Maybe because of the nice taste you are vaping too much without realizing it?

50/50 12mg is a good place to start if quitting smoking if your objective, it gives good throat hit and nicotine. Maybe try get a 0mg 50/50 juice and vape on that - if the loss of concentration and light headed sensation goes away then you'll know that it is the nicotine that was doing it. Trying a different brand of juice may be a good idea.

http://www.onepoundeliquid.com/ is a good place to get some cheap juice. The 40PG/69VG should work fine. Nautilus coils handle up to 70VG without problems (but you need to be careful not to chain vape too much at 70).

Sorry i neat the 100%VG with no nic made me light headed and loss of concentration

PS £1 for licquid sounds great but are they any good ?

Sorry i neat the 100%VG with no nic made me light headed and loss of concentration

PS £1 for licquid sounds great but are they any good ?
You get what you pay for... It's OK to vape but not exactly top quality flavour wise

Back
Top Bottom