What's new

Doggystyle RTA clones - SXK and SJMY

Crewella

Olympian
I have both and was asked about the differences between the two clones, particularly with regards to airflow. I've not noticed much difference, probably because I shut both right down tight, but there is one as shown in the pics below. The clear tank on the right is SXK and does have a small airway under the coil, the cloudy one is SJMY.

P1120282.jpg

P1120284.jpg

P1120289.jpg

P1120292.jpg

P1120297.jpg

P1120309.jpg

P1120312.jpg

To add to the above...avoid the steam tribe clones, they are shocking!

Can't comment on the SMJY but the sxk is fantastic imo, use it daily.

Hi , im just about to order one of these and if i may i have a few question .

I prefer the clear tank over the frosted so its the sxk for me. However i believe the original versiob of this tank has the same size air hole as the sjmy version . Is the sxk version a really tight draw ? I know its a subjective question but i like my draw similar to the second largest hole on the first nautilus tank .
With the tank been plastic have you had to buy replacements? Not sure whether to get a single replacement tank or 5 pack . Thanks :5:

I prefer the clear tank over the frosted so its the sxk for me. However i believe the original versiob of this tank has the same size air hole as the sjmy version . Is the sxk version a really tight draw ? I know its a subjective question but i like my draw similar to the second largest hole on the first nautilus tank .
With the tank been plastic have you had to buy replacements? Not sure whether to get a single replacement tank or 5 pack . Thanks :5:
Do you have a link to replacement tanks, please.

I prefer the build quality and vape of the SXK version over the SJMY one, but find the SXK airflow to be too restricted for me. The solution is to buy the replacement airflow/positive posts from FT and swap them out. The posts are badged as Steam Tribe, but are the same as the SJMY version. That way you get the less restricted airflow on an SXK Doggy. I also bought some replacement tanks while I was at it.
If anyone wants to go the other way, i.e.restrict a SJMY version, PM me with your address, and I will put a SXK airflow/positive post in the mail to you, as I have a couple I have swapped out which I don't need.

I prefer the build quality and vape of the SXK version over the SJMY one, but find the SXK airflow to be too restricted for me. The solution is to buy the replacement airflow/positive posts from FT and swap them out. The posts are badged as Steam Tribe, but are the same as the SJMY version. That way you get the less restricted airflow on an SXK Doggy. I also bought some replacement tanks while I was at it.
If anyone wants to go the other way, i.e.restrict a SJMY version, PM me with your address, and I will put a SXK airflow/positive post in the mail to you, as I have a couple I have swapped out which I don't need.
The best of both worlds , :2thumbsup:

Can only find the 5 pack of posts , if anyone whats one let me know ill post it .

Last edited:

I read on another website somewhere that it's the sxk that's 1:1 and the sjmy is more airy than the authentic. Never tried an authentic though so couldn't say definitively.

I have the sxk, the tank has been fine with all the kinds of juice I use (mostly tobacco, vanilla, fruits, never any menthol or mint) but I got 3 spare ones anyway cause I was worried the thread wouldn't last longer by. But in the end Imve not had any problems with that.

I got an sjmy tank cause I fancied a cloudy one, fits the sxk base fine.

Back
Top Bottom