What's new

Doggystyle Owners

Tobytyke

Achiever
Apes,,,, Anybody out there who owns one of these, can you offer me some advice/tips to try & get the best flavour out of this tank. Subjective of course. I'm not overly fussed on a definite resistance, I generally do 8 or 9 wraps or so @ 2.5mm and see what it comes out at. I've tried 2.5 & 3mm diameters, Kanthal, Ni80, SS316L, all either 28awg or 30awg. Pre coiled Coilology MTL Claptons, Normally use the Muji pads but also tried some of my Kendo Gold. I just seem to be getting muted flavour after I thought I was getting on OK with it. At the minute ive got in there PF Stroodle Oodle.

Its currently reading on my Tarot Nano @1.02ohm SS316L and ive tried it anywhere from 10w right up to 20w. Ive not got the airflow open a lot as I like quite a tight draw and im just not getting that pastry/sweet apple flavour.

Anybody help a fellow ape out with this one ??

TIA...... Lee

I usually run my doggies on 28AWG kanthal, 2.5mm ID 7/8 wraps to around 1.4 ohms. Coils about 1-1.5mm above the airflow. Usually at around 10 watts with the airflow shut right down. Hope that helps. :)

@Crewella, thanks. Lower the better then for the coil? Do you thin the ends of your cotton out as well? I have been as it almost looks because the coil is low, when it’s wicked up like it might block some of the airflow off

@Crewella, thanks. Lower the better then for the coil? Do you thin the ends of your cotton out as well? I have been as it almost looks because the coil is low, when it’s wicked up like it might block some of the airflow off
Nope, I've never had to bother with the doggies. TBH I've found it one of the least fussy RTAs I've ever built - my only issue with it has been unscrewing it! :D

..... just to add ....... whatever I'm building I do always lift my wicks slightly from underneath as a very last touch ...... just to keep them away from the airflow.

Nope, I've never had to bother with the doggies. TBH I've found it one of the least fussy RTAs I've ever built - my only issue with it has been unscrewing it! :D

Will try & give that a shot,, I haven’t really had an issue with unscrewing it bizarrely. I use the inner part of an atomiser tool with a square of that non-slip mat to grip it

What resistance are your coils coming out at? I would suggest using less wraps. 5 or 6. And 2 or 2.5mm.

I have one on at the minute on the Vboy & it is reading 1.32ohm... no flavour whatsoever

Could it be the cottonnis too tight? I think a 3mm coil could risk it being too tight down the well bits at the sides. Try a 2mm one, spaces with less wraps. That’s how I always built mine and always got decent flavour out it.

Could it be the cottonnis too tight? I think a 3mm coil could risk it being too tight down the well bits at the sides. Try a 2mm one, spaces with less wraps. That’s how I always built mine and always got decent flavour out it.

I’ve just wrapped a spaced one on Dimi’s coil rod what comes with the Ares which I think is 3mm coming in at 0.97 with Kendo gold. Absolutely pants :18:

I’m just gonna try a 2mm one now

Back
Top Bottom