What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Do Coils Use More Juice with Age?

Anthony Nader

Postman
Hey, as my coil is getting older, (I am about 900 hits into it) I notice that my juice is going down faster...
So my question is, Do coils suck up more juice as they age? if so, how come?

any suggestions would be helpful

Stock coils? Could be the cotton starting to sag a touch, causing more juice to be vapourised?
I've noticed if I go a touch lighter on the cotton with my rdas, they tend to use more juice for whatever reason haha

Stock coils? Could be the cotton starting to sag a touch, causing more juice to be vapourised?
I've noticed if I go a touch lighter on the cotton with my rdas, they tend to use more juice for whatever reason haha
I am using Mesh coils. Double mesh on the Freemax, I just noticed my juice dropping fast so I wondered if it is because of an older coil. Its not ready to be changed yet though still tasting and hitting great, just dont want to be burning so much juice

Ah fair enough, I've never used mesh so I can't really give any recommendations bud. Someone will probably give you an answer on here, great bunch of nutters

What iv noticed with aged coils, is once the gunk starts building up on and around the coils, liquid starts dropping into the air flow and slowing start filling up the bottom base. Left long enough, start seaping out of the air flow holes or even through the 510 into the mod.

My thought would be that if theres gunk covering the coil and wick around it, the liquid isnt making proper efficient contact with the coil to vapourise properly, and so just warming the liquid making it more runny causing it to leak out of the fucked wick easier and drip into the air flow chamber...

Longer draws/higher wattage to compensate the lack of vape, maybe? = more juice used.

Im probably wrong, usually am, but spouting my nonsense usually causes someone with the correct answer to come along and correct me with the right answer to your theory.

What iv noticed with aged coils, is once the gunk starts building up on and around the coils, liquid starts dropping into the air flow and slowing start filling up the bottom base. Left long enough, start seaping out of the air flow holes or even through the 510 into the mod.

My thought would be that if theres gunk covering the coil and wick around it, the liquid isnt making proper efficient contact with the coil to vapourise properly, and so just warming the liquid making it more runny causing it to leak out of the fucked wick easier and drip into the air flow chamber...

Longer draws/higher wattage to compensate the lack of vape, maybe? = more juice used.

Im probably wrong, usually am, but spouting my nonsense usually causes someone with the correct answer to come along and correct me with the right answer to your theory.

I think you’re spot on there as when the missus was using tanks(squonking now,relief!) as a few days after cleaning her coils (!) and rewick I was hearing that dreaded word “leakage!” So thinking back to it her coils were always really gunked,mtl girl lowish watts,so your thoughts now ring true! Btw I’ve never had this problem as I’ve never used tanks [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Back
Top Bottom