What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

DNA200 Boxer Mod with a crack

picco

Postman
Hello Apes,

Haven't been around for a while, but am back to vaping.
I have a well used (and dirty) BUT functional Boxer mod, i've dropped it years ago and haven't used it ever since. Still works but i'm afraid not for long as iti reckon the crack will just creep further.
The 510 connector is also somewhat weary, but i've found a replacement so no biggie. Tried the obvious first solution, superglue, but didn't hold.

What should i do? Haven't been able to find a cost effective replacement housing for it, but it would be a shame to just bin it with a working board.

Your input would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_20200628_124907.jpg

2 part Epoxy & a clamp. Can be sanded smooth after. Another option is to reuse the board in a custom mod. @vapesmarter could advise better.

I was thinking the same as @nwhornet Araldite or another epoxy or re-use the board, you can download 3D printer files online for DNA boards if you have access to the printer or you can order readymade enclosures from places like Floris Box.

I have a Vapecige VT250 which has no board in it or 510. all you would need is to solder together and get a lipo battery and connector plus you mentioned you have a 510 . Cost to you the price of postage. @picco

For anything plastic that needs gluing as strong as it was before it broke needs solvent cement.
Can be found in Wickes or plumbing stores.

Thank you for all the ideas guys, i'll find out if my mates 3D printer can do the job and also chek out the 3D designs available.
If it/He's not up for it, i might gonna take you up on your kind offer @crustyfolker

@crustyfolker
Thank you for your generous offer again.

I've managed the order the same 510 connector as the mod originally has and I've used some Epoxy as recommended by fellow apes and it seems to be good for now.
I've also found that Teslacigs WYE seems to be an exact copy of the Boxer so if this crack will ever become an issue, i will just buy one of those and swap the boards, giving a new life to my DNA 200.

The level of helpfulness on this forum never cease to amaze me, thank you all!

Back
Top Bottom