What's new

Digiflavor Siren V2

Ok a quick update, Siren 2 is up and running and I'm liking it a lot. Such a well made little tank considering the price, easy to work with too as coiling and wicking was a breeze but I'll still have to play around with getting the coil right. I currently have a 10 wrap, 3mm ID SS316L non-spaced coming in at 0.68 Ohms and running it at 16W but I think I might reduce the wraps a bit and space the coil out. I have some really thin wire that I received as a freebie from the Crazy Wire company which I might try out to up the ohms a little bit.

Choice of liquid ended up being the Old Hoborn 6mg 70vg/30pg from bestcigliquid ( cheers for the tip lediscjockey ). Really nice tobacco vape I must say but I might look into ordering something a bit sweeter or maybe something with some coffee notes next when I'm done with this bottle. My only complaint is fuck Royal Fail for taking the full 3 days to deliver the juice and leaving me hanging.

I just included the Siren V2 in my pre-order from heavengifts but it might take a while since I also have the Athena squonk in the same order and they seem to be getting delayed everywhere. Really looking forward to trying it out :D

I just included the Siren V2 in my pre-order from heavengifts but it might take a while since I also have the Athena squonk in the same order and they seem to be getting delayed everywhere. Really looking forward to trying it out :D

If you like MTL vaping and rebuildables you won't be disapointed.

I just recoiled and rewicked mine because when I get a new RDA or RTA I just have to keep rebuilding it for the first few days to see what I can come up with. Went with the same .4mm SS316L wire as in my previous post but after looking at the coils that were included with the Siren wich were 7 wraps, I used that as a bit of a guideline and reduced mine to 7 wraps too but I kept the 3mm ID to give the wicks more space to expand and I also reduced the amount of wick to sort of see how little I can get away with and shes vaping mighty fine now!

Think the key is to space out your coil, only reason I didn't do it on my first build was because I watched Vaping With Vic's review where he appeared to have a non-spaced coil in the Siren ( could have been someone elses review tbh ) but I should have gone with my own experiences and gut instincts and just space that fucker out.

This is definately a more enjoyable build to a point that I struggle to put it down now! Need to be careful though as I've been sub ohming 3mg liquids exclusively for the past 5-8 months so going back up to 6mg even though its only MTL is making me a tad light headed.

T
If you like MTL vaping and rebuildables you won't be disapointed.

I just recoiled and rewicked mine because when I get a new RDA or RTA I just have to keep rebuilding it for the first few days to see what I can come up with. Went with the same .4mm SS316L wire as in my previous post but after looking at the coils that were included with the Siren wich were 7 wraps, I used that as a bit of a guideline and reduced mine to 7 wraps too but I kept the 3mm ID to give the wicks more space to expand and I also reduced the amount of wick to sort of see how little I can get away with and shes vaping mighty fine now!

Think the key is to space out your coil, only reason I didn't do it on my first build was because I watched Vaping With Vic's review where he appeared to have a non-spaced coil in the Siren ( could have been someone elses review tbh ) but I should have gone with my own experiences and gut instincts and just space that fucker out.

This is definately a more enjoyable build to a point that I struggle to put it down now! Need to be careful though as I've been sub ohming 3mg liquids exclusively for the past 5-8 months so going back up to 6mg even though its only MTL is making me a tad light headed.
Thanks for the advise. I only have a bunch of kanthal, which I don't like, and some 26g stainless but I am waiting for ni80 fused claptons from vandyvape and of course I will be getting some other gauges of wire in SS and Ni80 to figure out my own rhythm :)

Ok I've ran into a small issue with the liquid I'm using from bestcigliquid or at least I think thats the culprit here. My wicks are getting gunked up really fast to a point where if I pick my mod up and take a drag, the first hit is usually quite flavourful but any subsequent drags are pretty flavourless and if I pull the deck out, the wicks are basically black and thats just after a few hours of vaping on a freshly wicked build.

Yesterday I thought I'd try a 2.5mm ID build to see how things change as I noticed the flavour was dropping off on my previous build and saw the wicks were basically black as I pulled the deck out. First I thought I had accidentally fired at high wattage as I use a Goon 1.5 on the same mod at 80+ watts. After rebuilding I carried on vaping at 12-17 watts, trying to hit a sweet spot and vaped on for the rest of the evening untill the flavour was dropping off again a little bit just after few hours after the rebuild. Before I went to bed I decided to have a look inside the deck and sure enough the wicks had started going black again and I wasn't really chain vaping either.

I rebuilt again with a 4mm ID coil and around 9 wraps to test how big of a coil I can put in and how that would change things, the coil came at around .8 ohms and I've been running it at 15-17 watts. Just checked the wicks and theres a bit of darkening but I've only taken maybe less than 20 drags out of this so far. Gonna put the build to the test today through my work day and check how things are when I get home later.

If it is the liquid thats destroying the wicks, would it work out better if I used a thinner 50/50 mix instead as I'm currently using a 70/30 ? I'm really not keen on the idea of binning an almost full bottle of juice and ordering yet another bottle. I do have some PG in the cupboard which I could use as a thinner if needed. I should also point out that I haven't steeped this juice but don't know if that would have an impact on anything but flavour.

Ok I've ran into a small issue with the liquid I'm using from bestcigliquid or at least I think thats the culprit here. My wicks are getting gunked up really fast to a point where if I pick my mod up and take a drag, the first hit is usually quite flavourful but any subsequent drags are pretty flavourless and if I pull the deck out, the wicks are basically black and thats just after a few hours of vaping on a freshly wicked build.

Yesterday I thought I'd try a 2.5mm ID build to see how things change as I noticed the flavour was dropping off on my previous build and saw the wicks were basically black as I pulled the deck out. First I thought I had accidentally fired at high wattage as I use a Goon 1.5 on the same mod at 80+ watts. After rebuilding I carried on vaping at 12-17 watts, trying to hit a sweet spot and vaped on for the rest of the evening untill the flavour was dropping off again a little bit just after few hours after the rebuild. Before I went to bed I decided to have a look inside the deck and sure enough the wicks had started going black again and I wasn't really chain vaping either.

I rebuilt again with a 4mm ID coil and around 9 wraps to test how big of a coil I can put in and how that would change things, the coil came at around .8 ohms and I've been running it at 15-17 watts. Just checked the wicks and theres a bit of darkening but I've only taken maybe less than 20 drags out of this so far. Gonna put the build to the test today through my work day and check how things are when I get home later.

If it is the liquid thats destroying the wicks, would it work out better if I used a thinner 50/50 mix instead as I'm currently using a 70/30 ? I'm really not keen on the idea of binning an almost full bottle of juice and ordering yet another bottle. I do have some PG in the cupboard which I could use as a thinner if needed. I should also point out that I haven't steeped this juice but don't know if that would have an impact on anything but flavour.
Which eliquid are you using from BCL?

My V2 came this morning! I've put one of the coils in supplied in the box and it's reading 0.38 ohms and currently running at 37.5 watts. Great vape and flavour with this coil.
The box had it's seals broken before i opened it??
Very easy to coil and wick. Airflow is great and would suit any style of MTL.
I originally thought the plastic cap on the drip tip was just a cover but i guess it's to stop it getting hot and burning your lips?
No leaks as yet ! I'm impressed with it so far!

my siren 2 arrived today from ft. put in the stock coil that came with it. 1.02 ohms vaping away at 16 watts.
i got a massive leak the first time i wicked it. then i realized that i needed thicker fat wicks.
its perfect now.
i think i might prefer this to my berserker.

my siren 2 arrived today from ft. put in the stock coil that came with it. 1.02 ohms vaping away at 16 watts.
i got a massive leak the first time i wicked it. then i realized that i needed thicker fat wicks.
its perfect now.
i think i might prefer this to my berserker.

Mine was reading .38.... Anyhoo i've checked it on a different mod and it's now showing 1.03ohm..
I've put it back on the original mod and took the batteries out and it's reading 1.02. Mystery lol!

OH yeah i've since had to rewick to fatter ones as it pi$$ed out all over on 2nd fill up...

Forgot to add.. I like the way the top cap comes off to fill the tank up! I can't see that getting stuck onto the tank.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom