What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Destiny RTA

My one is SS and only had the issue once. So I stripped it all down, cleaned it then I tightened the deck to the base with pilers and tightened the 510. Not had the issue since.

I’ve emailed Hellvape do let’s see what they say.

Really tempted to order an SS and see if it’s the full black.

I’ve emailed Hellvape do let’s see what they say.

Really tempted to order an SS and see if it’s the full black.

Let us know what they say! Hellvape got back to me in a couple days when I asked if I could use their stock pictures for the review I posted, so I don’t think you’ll be waiting a while for a reply

Let us know what they say! Hellvape got back to me in a couple days when I asked if I could use their stock pictures for the review I posted, so I don’t think you’ll be waiting a while for a reply

yeah I emailed them last week about the 510 pin insulators and they got back to me within a few days saying they’d send me some which is fab of them.

The 510 issue has become more apparent this last week, but I’m reluctant to give up because take away these issues and it’s a fantastic tank

:hmm:

Got a reply from hellvape today. It said thank you for the feedback I will pass it to our engineers.

Not sure if that’s it or if they mean they’ll pass it to the engineer and they’ll get back to me.

Got mine today. Great flavour. Easy peasy to build. I was up and vaping 5 mins after opening the box.

Because I’m seemingly a glutton for punishment I’ve ordered an SS one to see if it has the same issues.

Had the same airflow ring issues as it seems everyone else had with this tank (mines SS) and a good disassemble, clean, and re-assemble did the trick been fine since.

My issue, and it seems an uncommon one, is that I'm just not getting the flavour out of it that I was expecting. I know this is probably my build but I'm starting to run out of patience with it as I've tried several setups to no avail.

Tried: 24ga A1 Kanthal, 7 x 2.5mm wraps, ~0.55ohms, cotton bacon prime (fluffed, unfluffed, tighter, looser)
Twisted SS316L pre-builts, 6 x 3mm, ~0.38ohms, cotton bacon prime (again all the fluffing variations)

Both coils have been great in my RDA. Tried at a good range of watts. It's wicking fine (5 hard pulls doesn't dry or burn) seemingly whatever level of 'stuffedness' the ports are. Premade liquid, again lovely in my RDA and mesh tank.

Anyone else had this issue? Turning into a bit of a head-scratcher for me!

Had the same airflow ring issues as it seems everyone else had with this tank (mines SS) and a good disassemble, clean, and re-assemble did the trick been fine since.

My issue, and it seems an uncommon one, is that I'm just not getting the flavour out of it that I was expecting. I know this is probably my build but I'm starting to run out of patience with it as I've tried several setups to no avail.

Tried: 24ga A1 Kanthal, 7 x 2.5mm wraps, ~0.55ohms, cotton bacon prime (fluffed, unfluffed, tighter, looser)
Twisted SS316L pre-builts, 6 x 3mm, ~0.38ohms, cotton bacon prime (again all the fluffing variations)

Both coils have been great in my RDA. Tried at a good range of watts. It's wicking fine (5 hard pulls doesn't dry or burn) seemingly whatever level of 'stuffedness' the ports are. Premade liquid, again lovely in my RDA and mesh tank.

Anyone else had this issue? Turning into a bit of a head-scratcher for me!

After some thought, I think I may have just run into my first case of vapers tongue. Gonna go sniff some coffee and suck some lemons for a couple of days. I'll report back!

Enjoy the sucking of lemons.

Just a quick question, what's your coil placement like, I have mine set so the bottom of the coil is level with the bottom of the air ports.
Also with regard to the wicking I tend to find the damn method works best for me.

Hope you get it sorted as the Destiny is a wonderful tank..

Back
Top Bottom