What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Dents on negative batteries, safe?

scumbag

Postman
Looks like when I dropped my mod last week my 20700's ha e these dents on the base, also some weird kind of lightning marks you can see in the pics.

They still seem to work and charge but wondering if its safe or not? Cheers
20200911_190933.jpg
20200911_190924.jpg
20200911_190758.jpg

me neither. i have one with a bent positive that i use but i can still see it’s secure and there’s space under it all the way round. yours there could have damaged inside the battery, i would worry.

The wrap looks perfect and those little lines look more like mechanical impact marks rather than anything electrical. I'd probably try it out to see if it gets too warm when I take a few hits on it or if the charge duration seems less than normal. If you're too worried though batteries are so cheap it's probably worth buying new just for peace of mind if you're worried.

The marks are where you are swapping the batteries in and out of the mod and perhaps a charger. The dents, I have a similar thing myself, this is what a Stream crave Titan PWN mod has done over time to a pair of mine. Would I use them? Maybe, I was using them up until a few months back and they were fine, they're due for replacement anyway, being well over a year old.

bats.jpg

there's no way to know if they are 'safe' .... is the simple answer.

have the dents caused any internal damage? no idea, maybe they are fine, maybe they have critical damage.

use at your own risk.

The marks are where you are swapping the batteries in and out of the mod and perhaps a charger. The dents, I have a similar thing myself, this is what a Stream crave Titan PWN mod has done over time to a pair of mine. Would I use them? Maybe, I was using them up until a few months back and they were fine, they're due for replacement anyway, being well over a year old.

View attachment 228134

Seriously, that's some of the worst I've ever seen, I really wouldn't be using those..... or a mod that did that to the cells. :)

I'm with the no way hosay club.
I've got a set of batteries i keep for the tesla wye because the mod squashes the batteries so tight.
It's only on the top positives and seeing as the positive plates are raised anyway there is no way it's damaged internally.
As simong says no way to know until it's too late.

I'm with the no way hosay club.
I've got a set of batteries i keep for the tesla wye because the mod squashes the batteries so tight.
It's only on the top positives and seeing as the positive plates are raised anyway there is no way it's damaged internally.
As simong says no way to know until it's too late.

likewise with my battery with the top dented. i can see clear space under it all the way round and the legs are intact. dents in the bottom is a different matter altogether i think.

Back
Top Bottom