What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Dead Rabbit SQ - Dry/Burnt Hits

Cloudtastic

Postman
After some advice from you fellow Vapers - I will say now I am new to Direct to lung and Mech mods in General my usual vape is an ikuu i80 and the siren 2 for MTL so whilst I can build coils they have always been 1.6 or 1.8.

Recently got the Vandy Vape BF squonk mod (20700 frogstars) and tank - Stuck two claptons in, wicked (think its around .45) and its great to me plenty flavour and vapour.

Alos have the Dead Rabbit SQ now with the SQ as its single coil and the wire I have currently my coils are around .75 - .85 is this two high for a mech mod and this tank as when I vape its fine to begin with then after 5 or6 puffs I get a very bad burnt taste I am remebering to squeeze the bottle and load more juice in and I have tried a few different ways of wicking - When I decide to try and re-coil or re-wick when I remove the wick it has burnt in the middle really badly and it just falls out basically when I go to remove it,

I am ordering a ton of new wire from Fasttech after they return from holidays and I have some pre wrapped coils coming tomorrow to try all in different lower ohms.

Does anyone have any idea where I am going wrong with the coil burning away - Is this my issue or am I hitting it to many times in a row?

could be to do with your wicking and saturation of the wick. Either its not wicked reet, and its not soaking up juice efficiently and causing the coil to burn, or youve simply ran out of juice causing the coil to burn...
If its not that, it could be to do with your coil and the mech mod which i know jack shit about so i stay away :) but could be Overfiring.
Your best adding pictures or more info in what your doing exactly.

Last edited:
could be to do with your wicking and saturation of the wick. Either its not wicked reet, and its not soaking up juice efficiently and causing the coil to burn, or youve simply ran out of juice causing the coil to burn...
If its not that, it could be to do with your coil and the mech mod which i know jack shit about so i stay away :) but could be Overfiring.
Your best adding pictures or more info in what your doing exactly.
Thanks buddy I have re coiled tonight with a pre built clapton at around .45 wicked it with precision and so far so good so hopefully I have nailed it - Meaning I need to improve my own coil building or the wicking hopefully

I got mine today, no such issues but I'm dripping straight on to the coil ..... if you are squonking I would guess that you aren't squonking enough, the coil position is quite high and if you are drying out the wicks a bit then squonking the juice from the bottom will take a while to travel through the cotton. ... it's not easy to over sqounk on this, so don't be afraid to squeeze that juice up and get plenty in the RDA.

I got mine today, no such issues but I'm dripping straight on to the coil ..... if you are squonking I would guess that you aren't squonking enough, the coil position is quite high and if you are drying out the wicks a bit then squonking the juice from the bottom will take a while to travel through the cotton. ... it's not easy to over sqounk on this, so don't be afraid to squeeze that juice up and get plenty in the RDA.
Thanks bud I am squonking and been on it the last couple of hours with no issue so far - Like you say as well about squeezing the bottle deffo not something I was doing as much

I can only speak for the normal dead rabbit but one squonk usually gives me around 8 big drags and that’s on a 0.12 so pushing much higher wattage......

I would have thought the same amount of juice ( albeit a smaller chamber ) at much lower watts should give many more hits?

I’ve had my eye on the sq for a while now so please keep me updated with how you get on bud [emoji1303]

WIll do mate has been good this morning so far plenty of flavour and vapour - I am thinking of getting the one you have at some point as well.

Try some Brochrome, it’s really nice in the DR.

I found wicking best if I kept the small juice holes clear. Haven’t had a dried hit yet ;)

If the cottons burnt in the middle sounds like it could be wicked to tight?

Back
Top Bottom