What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Custard suggestions DIY....

It's delicious enough after 5 days!
I was so impressed that I knocked out 100mls and tried for the first time whizzing it up to reduce steeping time ... trouble is I got so much air in there I had too much for the 100ml bottle ... it filled another 2 x 10ml bottles. It's frothy man! :)

Postie brought some Capella Sweet Strawberry, as recommended by the delectable DakotaMai ... so guess what's next?

I've got all those ingredients as well so I'm on it too! :)

I will be mixing a batch of each tomorrow!!

Just out of interest has anyone used the Capella Vanilla Custard V2??

Apparently V1 contains diacetyl......

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Yes, but the way my feeble mind works. ...

I smoked all manner of poisons for 35yrs+ so figured V1 or V2 was irrelevant.

I use the v2 custard...I do have a little v1 lurking about in my box too. I can't taste any difference

It's delicious enough after 5 days!
I was so impressed that I knocked out 100mls and tried for the first time whizzing it up to reduce steeping time ... trouble is I got so much air in there I had too much for the 100ml bottle ... it filled another 2 x 10ml bottles. It's frothy man! :)

Postie brought some Capella Sweet Strawberry, as recommended by the delectable DakotaMai ... so guess what's next?
Mmmmmm love Capella sweet strawberry

I've tried a few "custard plus a bit of something else" combo's, and the only one that has really shined, for me, has been a Gooseberry Custard (Cappella V1 custard and TW Gooseberry) 20% Custard, 15% Gooseberry, vapes like stewed gooseberries and custard.
All of my attempts at a "Rhubarb & Custard" have failed, they've been OK, just not as close to the mark as I would have liked.
The Fruit and Ice-cream juices all seem to work well with custard, ie strawberry ice-cream/milkshake with custard, raspberry ice-cream/milkshake with custard.

And all these years later there is this, which is sublime:

(Antony Patchett for the League of Extraordinary Mixers)

Gooseberry Fool - LEM League 1 : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1145891?

2.00% Bavarian Cream (TPA)
2.50% Custard (Crema Pasticcera) (FA)
3.00% Gooseberry (Sasami)
2.50% Meringue (TPA)
0.50% Sweet Cream (TPA)
3.00% Whipped Cream (TPA)

Flavor total: 13.5%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/98jN

Couple of my favourite custards for some time now [emoji4]
Screenshot_2019-02-02-13-01-12.jpeg
Screenshot_2019-02-02-13-00-13.jpeg

I've been vaping a custard type called After the Party by MrBurgundy (All The Flavors). It calls for DIY Flavor Shack Holy Vanilla. This stuff is rich, almost too rich. The vanilla has added a kind of spice note. I'm uncertain wether I like it or not lol.
https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/29443

Back
Top Bottom