What's new

Curious about Nic Salts

I feel that the 20mg you can buy is sort of like 6mg normal nic throat hit wise so if you like the punch in your throat you're probably better off using normal nic.

I use the nic salts to get more nicotine into me without the throat hit.

I like the punch of the nic hit , not the throat hit. My RocVape is a low wattage battery. Can't use the 18 nic in anything else

Oh yay!! Looked at the email I got from Elego.. the mod they are actually sending me is the Eleaf iJust ECM , and the battery on it is 40 watts so yay!!!
Hehehehe
Should be here soon too it's In Alabama now. Just a state away .. should get it in a couple days or so :)

Methinks nic salts is not something for chain vaping:puke:

Why?

I'm using salts in my drippers, sub ohm and 50+ watts - chain vape until almost dry then drip and go again...

The wife is using salts in her nunchaku tank with the 0.25ohm coil at around 40-45 watts.

But, that's salts juice mixed to 3mg/ml, the same strength as we use with trad nic.

Salts juice is smoother tasting (for us) with less of a scratchy throat feeling - I've made samplers of the same flavours and ratios with freebase and with salts to compare.

It seems that as soon as salts are mentioned everyone instantly jumps to thinking it's high concentration juice in use and saying you shouldn't subohm DTL it...

Why?

I'm using salts in my drippers, sub ohm and 50+ watts - chain vape until almost dry then drip and go again...

The wife is using salts in her nunchaku tank with the 0.25ohm coil at around 40-45 watts.

But, that's salts juice mixed to 3mg/ml, the same strength as we use with trad nic.

Salts juice is smoother tasting (for us) with less of a scratchy throat feeling - I've made samplers of the same flavours and ratios with freebase and with salts to compare.

It seems that as soon as salts are mentioned everyone instantly jumps to thinking it's high concentration juice in use and saying you shouldn't subohm DTL it...

Wow! Love the idea of the combo your wife does! Think I'm gonna try that. What ratio does she recommend on a mix?

In the States salts are usually sold in much higher strengths, up to 50mg. I don't see anything wrong with warning people that vaping strong nic salts at high wattage could nake them feel pretty rough (nic sic). From the OP's previous posts, I don't think she uses drippers or mixes her own liquid.

I go up to 18 mg reg nic in my rocvape. But normally do 6 cause I share a lot of liquid with hubby and his mod has a bigger battery. Recommend a certain strength to start out with? I prefer the taste of 6 but the punch of 12 to 18.
And if you have any ideas on what I can do for hubby.
anything over 6 chokes him out. But give him 3 and he feels like he isn't getting anything. And 6 gives him a headache ugh! This is regular nic. Is it his battery wattage to high?

I can't really advise for your hubby, cos I don't know what kit he's using. For you I guess it depends how much you vape? If it were me, I'd probably try some 20mg or 25mg first, and see how you find it. Then maybe 35mg if you feel you need it. The only way you're going to find out what really suits is to experiment :)

In the States salts are usually sold in much higher strengths, up to 50mg. I don't see anything wrong with warning people that vaping strong nic salts at high wattage could nake them feel pretty rough (nic sic). From the OP's previous posts, I don't think she uses drippers or mixes her own liquid.

Yes :)

I can't really advise for your hubby, cos I don't know what kit he's using. For you I guess it depends how much you vape? If it were me, I'd probably try some 20mg or 25mg first, and see how you find it. Then maybe 35mg if you feel you need it. The only way you're going to find out what really suits is to experiment :)

Thanks for the advice on the 20 to 25 mg. And hubby is using a Smok Stick V8 Baby.
Can't find out what the wattage is on it.
He takes ibuprofen all day long for headaches to begin with. He's an almost 2 pk a day smoker. :( Dunno if I'm ever gonna get him off the things...
Sad thing I started him on them 31 years ago....

I have half a litre of salt nic base liquid sitting. The marker has rubbed off slightly, so I can’t read what I’d written on it. Not sure if it’s 36 72. I puffed some and still wasn’t 100% sure. I’ll slowly puff my way through it, I think.

Back
Top Bottom