What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Curiosity of rebuilds

this is the coil that all modern pods use. Just wrapped into a roll.

yea i figured it out but modern ones are still used on a roll not flat on the bottom of the tank and it's probably got ruled out as most of the time You would need only change the pad instead of putting money into a coil... ( shunned by other companies maybe...)

I agree but there is only so much u can do for it and I'm still using my old wire which I had for 2 years now or so... (Stocked up lol ) as new coils are not floating in my tastes ;P
There is mesh that is as resilient as standard coil, German but hard to get shipped. Need to get some

I find Mesh has a long enough lifespan if looked after. I Find that like some Coils, Mesh doesn't like certain Liquid, it's probably the same sort of Liquid that gunks coils up. I still prefer Mesh to Coils though but recently i have been using Coils more because of my MTL Affliction.

There is mesh that is as resilient as standard coil, German but hard to get shipped. Need to get some
Do you have a link please or product name?

I've used 50 or more mesh strips in less than a year, partly I was rewicking too soon, being fussy about build up on the strips and flavour muting, if only a little. Much wastage :11:

Recently went back to the Sherman rda, it's almost on a par with mesh rtas, for flavour, but instead of vaping at 2.6-3 volts (usually 43 watts). I'm having to vape at 4 volts plus - 60 watts minimum (2 x 26/32 NI80 round claptons, 0.30ohms), just doesn't seem economical battery wise :hmm:

I can't remember what they are called sorry. They can stand a couple re-wicks until they go flimsy. I get a good couple of weeks from a coil
Do you have a link please or product name?

I've used 50 or more mesh strips in less than a year, partly I was rewicking too soon, being fussy about build up on the strips and flavour muting, if only a little. Much wastage :11:

Recently went back to the Sherman rda, it's almost on a par with mesh rtas, for flavour, but instead of vaping at 2.6-3 volts (usually 43 watts). I'm having to vape at 4 volts plus - 60 watts minimum (2 x 26/32 NI80 round claptons, 0.30ohms), just doesn't seem economical battery wise :hmm:

I find Mesh has a long enough lifespan if looked after. I Find that like some Coils, Mesh doesn't like certain Liquid, it's probably the same sort of Liquid that gunks coils up. I still prefer Mesh to Coils though but recently i have been using Coils more because of my MTL Affliction.
I've started being gutsy and turned wattage up to 60, only when confident it'll be ok. I've noticed that gunks up faster

Back
Top Bottom