What's new

Cumbria Pipes...PayPal & Credit Cards

Richard Winter

Achiever
Been looking at purchasing a Gandolf middle earth pipe from Cumbria Pipes over the last few days. Went on their site tonight to buy a couple of them, one for me and one for my son as xmas pressies and was faced with a notice on their website saying.....they can no longer accept paypal or any credit cards after 24th November.
If you want to purchase anything after that date you have to send them an email and they will reply with their info so you can pay by cheque.
Hopefully I've got in just in time as bought tonight. It seemed to go through.
Their message says they are sorry and not happy with the situation they find themselves in.
Feel really sorry for them.

It’s a shite situation, to paraphrase.
Lots of vendors are going through the same issue with PayPal at the moment, there are a couple of threads on it if you care to look.
Hopefully, other means of payment will manifest, some are already, it’s just a case of finding which suit which vendor.
Normal service will be (with luck) resumed......

I dont get it, items will still get bought one way or another so why not earn some money instead of giving it to their competitors.

PS enjoy your pipe dream.

It’s a shite situation, to paraphrase.
Lots of vendors are going through the same issue with PayPal at the moment, there are a couple of threads on it if you care to look.
Hopefully, other means of payment will manifest, some are already, it’s just a case of finding which suit which vendor.
Normal service will be (with luck) resumed......
I'd heard about the issues with PayPal but went aware it was happening with credit and debit cards as well. The situation stinks. Just before xmas too.

I dont get it, items will still get bought one way or another so why not earn some money instead of giving it to their competitors.

PS enjoy your pipe dream.
Exactly. Seems very shortsighted to me. Fingers crossed the order went thru as christ knows where me cheque book is.

Exactly. Seems very shortsighted to me. Fingers crossed the order went thru as christ knows where me cheque book is.

Cant they take payment over the phone, or is that not allowed now either, the use of debit card and credit cards for anything vaping related?

I have had an email from the druids brew saying that paypal has stopped allowing payments, must be a pain for vendors.

Cant they take payment over the phone, or is that not allowed now either, the use of debit card and credit cards for anything vaping related?
The message was PayPal and Credit/Debit cards ceasing from the 24th. There wasnt a phone number on their site. Only payment options were cheque.

I am amazed that I can't use my Debit/Credit card card to purchase something that is perfectly legal to buy!! Is it just this company that is saying this or are all vendors now refusing payment via cards as well as Paypal?

I am amazed that I can't use my Debit/Credit card card to purchase something that is perfectly legal to buy!! Is it just this company that is saying this or are all vendors now refusing payment via cards as well as Paypal?
I've not heard of any issues with Credit/debit cards, only PayPal which is why I was surprised when I went to buy them last night.
They were not happy from the sound of their message banner. I ordered using my debit card and it's gone thru and received an email saying it's been processed. BUT after the 24th, I dont know what will happen.

Back
Top Bottom