What's new

Crusty's weird obsession with hipsters. Again.

Now the New Model Army bunch....

In the mid 80s I followed a few bands around (All About Eve, Nephilm, Mission kinda thing) and whenever ours and the NMA bunch's paths crossed it made for some very interesting evenings....proper lunatics but really really lovely people.

‘Skimo!

Did you do the freckels and pig tails?

I knew a load who did the Mission and Balaam and that lot - me I was at that time with the Cloggies

Never did care much for the inter fan rivalry tho ... ridiculous

Last edited:
Once again you assume I must be part of the demographics you despise. How do you know I don't look just like you? There is certainly something being proven here, and it isn't about me.

When folks can't take a bit of a joke without turning it personal it just makes me rebel all the more, and when did i ever say i despise anyone, i didn't i just took the mick and some folk took real hummbridge. this isn't aimed at you personally by the way and i wasn't the only one that was having a laugh about stuff but hey ho

Last edited:
Yep it's only fun. Bottom line is we are all sad loosers arguing the merits of battery boxes that vaporize liquid.
Hardly important in the big picture.
As for.the fashion tips I'm far too old to know what's going on. The son in law's now get regular manicures and blokes wear trousers tighter than the ones metal fans wore in the 80's. They looked far to restrictive then. I'd freak out if I put them on.
I've reached that age where jeans are jeans levi or supermarket are the same to me. My t shirts advertise now defunct bands, dickies work wear or free ones from guitar related brands and once I've found a pair of boots or trainer's I like I wear them until they fall off and replace them with the same ones. Over shirts are for when it gets colder and I've got leather coats older than most of the kids on here.
There's freedom in not caring at all.

But I can STILL wear a Pair of socks longer than anyone else on here without having to change them :) Now THAT is emancipation !!!

But I can STILL wear a Pair of socks longer than anyone else on here without having to change them :) Now THAT is emancipation !!!
Not proud of this but I think I can give you a run for your money. Damn I'm a lazy bugger.

My current record is 2 years, but the heels had worn through. Same Pair, never taken off.

Back
Top Bottom