What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Come back all is forgiven - Vandy Vape Simple EX

So I've had a bit of a gap in reviewing stuff which has given me the opportunity to go back to stuff I haven't had time to use, this has been a bit of an eye opener as I've been a little blinkered with new stuff making me forget so many great vapes, I've deliberately dropped the pods and gone back to RTA's & RBA's.

One of the main things I have neglected is MTL squonking, I remember just how much I loved the Vandy Vape Simple EX, so much so I bought 3 of em, (I always buy 'spares' of my favourite vapes) the smallest squonker out there and the MTL airflow is superb.

If this was released today I would still rate it very highly, pisses all over pods.

VV-Simple-EX-7.jpg

I forget just how compact it is, here it is side by side with some of my earlier pods.

VV-Simple-EX-12.jpg

Better still, as I had neglected my all time favourite MTL RDTA, the Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA, it works a charm on it.

Vapefly-Galaxies-MTL-Squonk-RDTA-1.jpg

One of the main cons I felt it had was the large bore mouthpiece, to the point I 3D printed a reducer drip tip but it turned out that Vandy Vape had it just right as a reducer restricted the flavour, the airflow is still nice and tight despite the wide bore mouthpiece, in fact it is ideal for dripping and you get a proper dripper hit from it.

Turns out I was wise to buy 3 of them as I'm pretty sure these are harder to get hold of now.

Anyone else still using theirs, or better still, does anyone know something that beats this kit?

I still use mine, it’s a great little thing and indeed I’m using it right now as I type. I use it mainly for testing liquids so dripping mainly. It was actually given to me by the fine ape that is @AJT. I also have 2 galaxies RDTA’s. They have fallen out of rotation. I’ve been revisiting other tanks for the last couple of days so might well dig them out again.

Ive been using my galaxies rdta for at least half a day everyday since I got it around 10 months ago.

I've had this Spear Of Destiny song stuck in my head since posting.

I'm devolving - now where's my Rubiks Cube?

They don't make like they used to, much easier to solve nowdays.

i had a calender one, had to fuck about with it everyday to get the right date and day on one side.

Last edited:
mine is for the bin. the battery life is awful; although it is small, it’s very bulky; it’s difficult to fill the bottle without making a mess; the bottle capacity is useless; the dripper it came with is average; the front plastic cover for the bottle cracked and the magnet fell out.

i wasn’t very impressed.

mine is for the bin. the battery life is awful; although it is small, it’s very bulky; it’s difficult to fill the bottle without making a mess; the bottle capacity is useless; the dripper it came with is average; the front plastic cover for the bottle cracked and the magnet fell out.

But then again, I do love the old 80's band Bros. :bliss:

Fussy git, but I will agree about the bottle cover, 1 out of my 3 is cracked so I've been more careful with the other 2.

Battery life is very reasonable for its size.
I agree it is bulky (if you are a Hamster).
Piss easy refill if you use a 510 refill bottle.
4ml Capacity isn't bad for MTL given its tiny size, even better with the Galaxies MTL RDTA.

I'm assuming you prefer the old Pico Squeeze? I still like it myself but I prefer the Simple EX overall.

Ahhh Kirk Brandon, love his vocals with these and Theatre of Hate, takes me right back [emoji1303]

Theatre of Hate! - I totally forgot about them, back off to YouTube for another trip down memory lane :)

Back
Top Bottom