What's new

Coils and wattage

With the 60 vg they don't seem to be too bad, I get at least a few days out of the coils. And Jim, I'm also really confused about it! I think maybe the new vg juice I just tried is really thick, but then I've just thought about it and when I first got the tank a few weeks ago I was vaping high by at 6mg with no issues (except nicotine withdrawal lol). I can't work out what's up. Maybe I just don't like the juice I've got now while my usual vape is out of stock :( there's just so many variables it's driving me a bit mad now.
Maybe the latest coil batch is the problem?

Thinking about it I could be putting it down to the vg with no real 'evidence' for it. It's so hard to work out what's happening. Might pop in to a local shop tomorrow and see if they can have a look.

I've used 70VG on the 0.7 Nautilus coil and it's ok as long as you don't try to chain vape... takes a little time to soak as the wick is pretty tight, so if you demand too much of it you'll get dry hits. Reducing the power would solve that but there's no point really as you may as well use the 1.6. I find the 0.7 is best at around 21W.

Oh, and if anyone from Aspire is watching, can we please have a 1 ohm for the Nautis? The existing offerings are great but you need to fill that gap. :)

One thing nobody here has mentioned is your "Draw" if you only take very gentle puffs on your atomiser then you will simply fail to draw juice into the atomiser, if you can try taking a few hard sharp primer puffs (Without firing) - this will draw juice into the coil - if the taste starts to go away or lessen then it's most likely wicking issues - first try using a harder puff (More suction) when you vape, it might help to start all this with a new coil - and at the first hint of a burnt flavour do the primer puffs, if that doesn't work then it's either the juice being too thick or it's dodgy coils...

Further to @Tubbyengineer 's advice re: wicking, I have found that blowing through the air intake also helps, particularly if the device hasn't been used for a while and the juice has started to gunk up.

Thought you might be interested in update re this - after some fiddling about and then actually keeping a track of my coil swaps, I realised that most of the time they're going about a week and a half - 2 weeks, which I think is pretty reasonable for high vg custard-y liquid. And the burnt taste I was constantly getting after only a day or a couple of days seems to have been almost entirely down to a couple of liquids (they did seem really thick, and just rubbish tasting) I was using whilst my ADV is out of stock! So, phew.

Got some new liquid that is working for the moment, and I think the other thing was me not keeping track of how long coils lasted at first with my normal liquid and having some issues with the wattage/accidentally flooding stuff when I started, meaning I thought I'd gone through about 4 coils in a week, but mostly cos I was learning how it worked! I had to start writing down the dates I've changed them, cos I have ADHD so my grasp of time is pretty rotten, lol.

So thanks for all bearing with me through my learning curve and offering some reassurance and ideas ;) Can now indeed agree with you, Jim, majority of high vg liquids don't seem to cause me a problem at all with the Nautilus 2! D'oh!

Back
Top Bottom