What's new

Cleito 0.4 coils life span

I actually found them to last for quite a while, I bought the Cleito before the RBA section was out for it intending to buy it in the future, so bought a pack of five coils to tide me over.

It took longer than I thought for it to come out, and I did make one coil last for about 2 months at around 45-50W. (I do use a lot of tanks though, so it probably had less use than most).

This was due to me wanting to make them last as long as possible though, when I changed them there was always slight charring of the wick, and depending on the juice you use and also the power setting.

I would probably change the coil every say 2 weeks if it was my sole tank- this is the reason I prefer RTA's, I don't need to worry about the amount of coils left, and the RBA/ Cleito RTA section is actually very good, I recommend looking into it.

Hehe 2 months for a stock Cleito coil is outstanding! That coil would deserve a place in the coil's Hall of Fame if such a thing existed hehe I also have the Cleito RTA kit and like it a lot, I've not built my own coils for it yet as the pre-installed ones are still doing fantastic work so I'm just perfecting the whole wicking side of things right now, but I've never had a leak and it was easier than I expected to wick so I'm hoping I'll get similar good results when I start fitting my own coils in it. I've got some 'pre-coiled' coils to go in it in case I fail at building so I got my bases covered either way :)

I'm using 0.4 exclusively, running relatively low 40-45w.
Range from 1-3 tanks daily.
Lasting 2-3 weeks.

From reading we're all about the same zone.

Hi guys just a quick question.

I picked up one of these tanks yesterday, so far really impressed with it.

If I wanted to change juices, is it ok to use the same coil?? Or do I need to stick another coil in it??

If it is ok to use the same coil, seeing I've only used the tank with a juice that I've run out of. Should I just rinse the coil out underneath a running tap?? Not sure if that is advisable or not??

Cheers

I have always found coil length totally relates to the juice I'm using. I had a coil last about 5 weeks in a cleito using a mild menthol blackcurrant (Flavour art) Using a juice with a lot of sweetener, like chefs vapour grandmas lemonade I can kill a coil in a couple of days.

Seen a lot of posts where apes say they've successfully refreshed a coil using hot water/vodka then drying on radiator/whatever.
Tried that just once when I started vaping using tiny Innokin coils and they were not really useable.
With Cleito coils I don't see the point, you can make them last weeks and they're not mega expensive.
Does help though to avoid sweetened juices, plenty of naturally sweet juices that don't use added sweeteners.

If you have a very strong tasting juice, swap out the coil when you change juices and preserve that coil in a little sealed bag for future use with that same juice.
Some recommend popping the bagged coil in the fridge.

Or use the RBA deck, very easy to re-wick with supplied coils and buy ready made coils if you don't trust yourself to coil your own.

Hehe 2 months for a stock Cleito coil is outstanding! That coil would deserve a place in the coil's Hall of Fame if such a thing existed hehe I also have the Cleito RTA kit and like it a lot, I've not built my own coils for it yet as the pre-installed ones are still doing fantastic work so I'm just perfecting the whole wicking side of things right now, but I've never had a leak and it was easier than I expected to wick so I'm hoping I'll get similar good results when I start fitting my own coils in it. I've got some 'pre-coiled' coils to go in it in case I fail at building so I got my bases covered either way :)
I would say in reality it didn't get everyday use though, so probably lasted a similar time to others have found with the Cleito coils.

Glad you are liking the RTA, I really do like it for the Cleito and think it is a rather good RTA, one that I rate highly in the collection. Some tanks I find do benefit from stock coils, but I think the Cleito is good enough with either.

You should get the wicking down quickly, it sounds like you already have it good if you are getting no leaks and it is not dry hitting. I usually go for simple 26G micro coils, but do own some of the "Pre coiled" coils you speak of, and they are pretty good :).

Hi guys just a quick question.

I picked up one of these tanks yesterday, so far really impressed with it.

If I wanted to change juices, is it ok to use the same coil?? Or do I need to stick another coil in it??

If it is ok to use the same coil, seeing I've only used the tank with a juice that I've run out of. Should I just rinse the coil out underneath a running tap?? Not sure if that is advisable or not??

Cheers
Glad you are enjoying your new tank, not a bad choice you made there at all!

You can change juices with the same coil in, although if you have used a rather strong flavour before you might be able to detect it still even after using the new juice for quite a while. Only some flavours are very strong like this though.

I wouldn't rinse the coil under a tap myself, but if you allow it to dry fully I don't see it causing any harm, although water going through the wick will be different to VG and PG. If it is a strong flavour you have used, I would keep a coil for that specific flavour if you notice you can still taste it with other juices.

I would say in reality it didn't get everyday use though, so probably lasted a similar time to others have found with the Cleito coils.

Glad you are liking the RTA, I really do like it for the Cleito and think it is a rather good RTA, one that I rate highly in the collection. Some tanks I find do benefit from stock coils, but I think the Cleito is good enough with either.

You should get the wicking down quickly, it sounds like you already have it good if you are getting no leaks and it is not dry hitting. I usually go for simple 26G micro coils, but do own some of the "Pre coiled" coils you speak of, and they are pretty good :).

Glad you are enjoying your new tank, not a bad choice you made there at all!

You can change juices with the same coil in, although if you have used a rather strong flavour before you might be able to detect it still even after using the new juice for quite a while. Only some flavours are very strong like this though.

I wouldn't rinse the coil under a tap myself, but if you allow it to dry fully I don't see it causing any harm, although water going through the wick will be different to VG and PG. If it is a strong flavour you have used, I would keep a coil for that specific flavour if you notice you can still taste it with other juices.

Thanks for the reply.

I was using a nasty grape juice, only had about 5mls of it left so vaped it in the cleito last night.

Anyhow once I finished it, I just took it apart...rinsed the tank but not the coil itself. Didn't think it was a good idea rinsing it so left it. I have another much nicer grape juice that I filled the tank with and used the same coil. So far no real issues but then using a much nicer grape juice wouldn't really affect the coil.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

I was using a nasty grape juice, only had about 5mls of it left so vaped it in the cleito last night.

Anyhow once I finished it, I just took it apart...rinsed the tank but not the coil itself. Didn't think it was a good idea rinsing it so left it. I have another much nicer grape juice that I filled the tank with and used the same coil. So far no real issues but then using a much nicer grape juice wouldn't really affect the coil.

Thanks
Seeing as it is a similar flavour you are using (Although one wasn't very nice), should be fine as it is still grape you are vaping.

Rinsing/cleaning the tank out is good, and part of my usual maintenance to my tanks, RDA's, and mech's. As I have said I mainly use RTA's, but certain flavours can gunk up coils much faster than others, most people say that sweet flavours do this, also higher VG juices can be a culprit.

With the same flavoured juice though, as long as you are not pushing the coil too hard, I imagine they could last for quite a long time, and depending on your own tastes will be the time to change the coil :).

Hi Greeny, with 0.4 or 0.2 ? I can push the 0.4 easy to 55W and managed some hits close to 60W. The 0.4 range is 40-60 so you should be able to go 50W just fine.

TBH I felt i got it to work properly only when I reached 50W. However 55W, for me, it's the best balance of flav/cloud/batt drain.
I run mine 60-70w and I only get a dry taste if I'm hitting it constantly and hard and I think that's due to wicking mainly I burn about 2 tanks a day and they last me about 2 week maybe a day or so less

Back
Top Bottom