What's new

clearos falling to bits and leaky evods.

Hi all, im having some issues and wondered if you can point me in the right direction.

Ive been vaping a very good liquid from one a well respected vendor on here. I wont name incase its not the juices fault. To my knowledge its not a clearo cracker. but I could be wrong. I love the juice to be fair, its my ADV and really don't go anywhere know ive got a couple of 30ml bottles.

Thing is, I noticed a few weeks ago that my evods were leaking from a strange place, The little windows. I had a good look and cant see any cracks etc inside so put it down to them being faulty or old - probably had them 6 weeks or so and used daily.

I ordered a couple of CE4's to get me going again and topped up with my fave juice. Within 48 hours I picked up my Ego by the top and the thing fell to bits. The join between the base and tank had totally gone. No cracks, just no resistance holding it in place.

Cleaned out an old one id been using for a couple of weeks and within 48hours, the same thing has happened.

Is this a common problem? Id never heard of it before.

Id like to continue to vape this juice, but cant be having to buy a new clearo every other day. I just use an Ego battery and preferred BCC's to top coils. Is there anything out there that isn't going to fall to bits with this stuff?

Trying to upload pics.

Thanks

Hey there and Merry Christmas

I have noticed that the EVOD's are fairly resilient to juices but when they go due to tough juices they mainly start at the top of the mouth piece where the forever ring of juice sits. This is the weakest point for cracking as the juice is always there, it's the thinnest point of the mouthpiece and is most susceptible to bending etc. It's difficult to see cracking there too as that's where the mouthpiece is joined to the metal airway column. A Mini Protank II will perform a lot like an EVOD, will take the same replaceable heads and is very well built. Treat yourself to one for Christmas!!

Hi there,

Totally understand the issue, I have moved away from evods because the perfectly normal juice I was vaping (coffee, chocolate, vanilla and menthol mostly) was still causing leakage - for me it was around the window section. Never used to have that problem, seems to be one of the more recent batches that are a problem.

I now mostly use a mix of protank, protank 2, mini protank and Iclear 30 s (the iclear is very new) and haven't had any problems. The protanks are really sturdy and you soon get used to the size.

funnilly enough the only evod I still use is the first one I bought, still going strong, replaced the coils three times and used it for everything from grape and cola to strawberry and triple menthol without a problem.

like I said, my theory with the evods is a change in manufacturing of some kind, could be something as minor as a change in glue.

Menthol is known to have a certain amount of effecr on plastics but not drastic usually, however if older evods are working fine and new ones are failing it points to a materials change, the solution is to switch to pyrex tanks, The Aspire Vivi Nova tank is a good pyrex one and has dual bottom coils too...

I've just had a CE5 deposit Crystal Menth all over the mother in laws carpet! It emptied through the drip tip, but on having a closer look this morning, the bottom silver ring has moved away from the clear plastic part of the tube, meaning that the whole inner tube can move sideways and downwards so the little rubber grommet at the top of the atty doesn't match up with the drip tip. It's the first time this has happened so can't say it was the juice that caused it, but why did it have to be something bright blue I chucked all over the carpet!

Menthol is known to have a certain amount of effecr on plastics but not drastic usually, however if older evods are working fine and new ones are failing it points to a materials change, the solution is to switch to pyrex tanks, The Aspire Vivi Nova tank is a good pyrex one and has dual bottom coils too...

Yup, agreed. I'm quite tempted by the Aspire Vivi Nova actualy, think that might be my january purchase. Need a few more 'heavy duty' tanks for the flavours as once you use protanks and iclears etc, you can never really go back full time to CE4s etc ! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, agreed. I'm quite tempted by the Aspire Vivi Nova actualy, think that might be my january purchase. Need a few more 'heavy duty' tanks for the flavours as once you use protanks and iclears etc, you can never really go back full time to CE4s etc ! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

So good I said it twice... No idea what my browser is trying to accomplish sorry about that haha.

Back
Top Bottom