What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Checking recoils

Sassy

Achiever
Hello apes!

I use an ego twist for vaping and I'm not in a position to get an upgrade but I do quite fancy getting an Igo-L to drip for juice reviews and I fancy having a crack at recoiling too. But I'm scared my battery will go to battery heaven if I attempt any kind of recoil without checking the ohms on my attempts at coiling.

What other (cheaper) options do I have to check my coils before blowing anything up? I freely admit I know absolutely NAFF all about this sort of thing!:imstupid

Sensible to err on the side of caution Sassy We cannot have a picture of you smoldering away on the front page of the tabloids giving us vapers a bad press :grin2: The ohms checker as suggested by clint would be a good choice imho.

For less than £13 (half price) Sassy, I can put you on to a very good multimeter (same as mine) so not only will you be able to test resistances but battery voltage and even your mains sockets and fuses too. You will also be able to test and find out if Sigelei send out any more dangerous mods too.

For less than £13 (half price) Sassy, I can put you on to a very good multimeter (same as mine) so not only will you be able to test resistances but battery voltage and even your mains sockets and fuses too. You will also be able to test and find out if Sigelei send out any more dangerous mods too.

Sounds good!

How do you plug your e-cig battery into one of those multimeter's?

You don't Middy my love. You turn on said MM, set the switch to correct function and then put the negative probe on the bottom of the battery and the positive probe on the button or top. Eezy peezy, lemon squeezy.

Back
Top Bottom