What's new

"Check atomizer" new coils reading 9.99 ohms

Soarific

Initiate
Hi,

I had an issue the other day where the juice in my tank kept leaking out of the air holes on my previous pack of coils. This issue seems to be resolved for now (fingers crossed it doesn't return).

But what I have noticed, out of the last say, 5 packs of coils I have purchased (fireluke kanthal mesh coils), maybe 1 in 4 out of the 5 in the pack have not read/worked when I screw it into my mod etc. It says "check atomizer" and reads as 9.99 ohms on a 0.15 ohm coil.

I assumed this was faulty coils, but surely my luck cant be that bad that every pack I buy there is always a coil or two faulty with this issue?

I have tried cleaning/drying out the gold plated thing it connects to etc and nothing seems to fix it, so I end up binning a brand new coil and it is really starting to frustrate me, I am not made of money and I really would like to get to the bottom of this issue.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

That usually means that the connector is not making proper contact with the pin on the tank. It could be that the 510 pin on the mod had got sticky with juice and now doesn't come up to meet the tank pin properly. If that makes sense? What is the mod and the tank?

Hi,

I had an issue the other day where the juice in my tank kept leaking out of the air holes on my previous pack of coils. This issue seems to be resolved for now (fingers crossed it doesn't return).

But what I have noticed, out of the last say, 5 packs of coils I have purchased (fireluke kanthal mesh coils), maybe 1 in 4 out of the 5 in the pack have not read/worked when I screw it into my mod etc. It says "check atomizer" and reads as 9.99 ohms on a 0.15 ohm coil.

I assumed this was faulty coils, but surely my luck cant be that bad that every pack I buy there is always a coil or two faulty with this issue?

I have tried cleaning/drying out the gold plated thing it connects to etc and nothing seems to fix it, so I end up binning a brand new coil and it is really starting to frustrate me, I am not made of money and I really would like to get to the bottom of this issue.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Perils of buying/using stock coils I'm afraid. Bit unlucky with the frequency of failed coils but not unheard of, I'm afraid.
If the 510 pin (gold plated thing ;)) is clean & can be pressed down (with something non conductive) & returns ok then it's most likely coil issue. If not the issue is likely to be the mod. Possibly juice on the board from the previously leaking coils.

instead of all this pissing about with it and buying/binning coils and juice etc, might be an idea to consider binning the tank and buy a new Tank, maybe a different tank?

Sorry to be blunt, but dont want you wasting money on this money pit of a tank you seem to have.

That usually means that the connector is not making proper contact with the pin on the tank. It could be that the 510 pin on the mod had got sticky with juice and now doesn't come up to meet the tank pin properly. If that makes sense? What is the mod and the tank?
Hi, I have a voopoo drag with a uforce t1 tank

How would I clean it out etc so that it can work again? Because the first coil didn't work, but the 2nd one i tried read the ohms no problem

instead of all this pissing about with it and buying/binning coils and juice etc, might be an idea to consider binning the tank and buy a new Tank, maybe a different tank?

Sorry to be blunt, but dont want you wasting money on this money pit of a tank you seem to have.
I was thinking the same when I get paid. What tanks are good out there atm? I have a voopoo drag mod

Hi, I have a voopoo drag with a uforce t1 tank

How would I clean it out etc so that it can work again? Because the first coil didn't work, but the 2nd one i tried read the ohms no problem
You kind of need to go through a process of elimination to find out if it's the mod, the tank or the coils. If the pin on the mod is OK (as @nwhornet says) then look at the tank, if the tank works OK with some coils (and doesn't leak) then it might be the coils.

I was thinking the same when I get paid. What tanks are good out there atm? I have a voopoo drag mod
Christ knows,the only sub tank iv ever used was an aspire atlantis evo for about a year, but never really had any issue with it, having no reads and the odd flooding etc has (in my own experience) just been down to user error,not clean, coil not seated properly etc, but was all easily solved and sorted within minutes with abit of Common sense.

Back
Top Bottom