What's new

cheap vamo kit

gary68

Legend
looking for feedback on this please guys ..zainy.net .got a cheap vamo v 2.0 +2 x vivi nova +2 x 18350 batterries and charger kit for the cheap as chips prices off £41.66p here is the link http://zainy.net/home/198--latest-provari-vv-mod-vamo-.html#/power_socket_type-uk/size-/color- its stainless not chrome too ,,is this too good to miss? or too good to be true? i realise batteries and charger might not be best ..but i`m a budget while off work ill ..can upgrade batteries and charger later on ...any feedback appreciated guys thanks in advance .......

They look fine to be honest. There is nothing triggering alarm bells to me. Contact name, address and telephone number are all there. If you are dead set on a Vamo and have just got this amount then I would say go for it, but I would be looking to change the charger and batteries as soon as you can :)

You are aware with the likes of ******* there is a 10% discount code.

but they havent got stainless and only sell body for 45 after discount ,,would love to keep it british but this time the orient has won hands down lol thanks for feedback tho andy :grin2:

Last edited:
I bought my 1st Vamo from Zainy.net (when they 1st came out). At the time there was only 1 UK Vendor selling it who wanted £70 for a body only. So for around £35 & a 3 week wait, I got the Zainy.net kit.

The way I saw it I was saving myself £40, but if it went wrong I would just have to suck it up, on the grounds that even if Zainy agreed, by the time I've finished shipping it back out to China, & a long wait both ways, it wouldnt be worth the hassle. So at the time it was a case of paying an extra £40 to get UK sales law protection. 1 more point, all these things are made in China anyway & that's where the vendors get them from.

So my Vamo arrived, very well packaged, & I'm happy with Zainy.net.

Mine was the V1, with the dodgy finish (chrome is wearing off) & the too short spring. The finish is now better on these things, they also fixed the spring. Unfortunately the new spring they chose was electrically rubbish, & this has since been upgraded to a better spring & the Vamo is now fine (the UK vendors upgraded these springs at their own expense). The point is mine isnt going back to China for these minor things, had I bought from a UK vendor I might have wanted a replacement.

The Vivi Novas that came with the kit leaked from the threads. I already had a different Vivi Nova from elsewhere that didnt leak.

The charger that came with the kit is soooo rubbish that it isnt even going to get plugged in to the electric. To be fair I havent tried it, but it looks that bad, It has a 2 pin connector (presumably for chinky plugs) & a poor UK adapter. It isnt a snug fit in the adapter. It is never ever going to get used.

The 2x 18350 batteries that came with the kit are good, I would buy them again if I used 18350 batteries, but I dont.

So overall, even though the Vivi Novas & the battery charger were no good, I still was happy with my purchase from Zainy.net. The UK vendors charge slightly more (that £70 vendor since dropped his price to the same levels as everyone else, I guess no one was buying from him), but for that you get UK protection.

My 1st Vamo kit from Zainy.net was £35. My 2nd Vamo body only I got from Vaper Train £35, was the upgraded version with a decent finish & the proper spring & of course I have peace of mind of UK law protection, & Vapertrain is an absolute tip top vendor (plus I live 12 miles away & he delivers to me same day by hand no need for me to wait for Royal Mail)

The battery charger in the kit isnt worth it. I would recommend you buy a Nitecore i4 (or i2) Intellicharger. You only need to buy it once & then you've got a decent charger that will properly charge most different types of batteries (sizes & chemistries).

One more thing to think about, the Chinese just finished their new year, which means they've been shut for a while. I would expect UK vendors to start getting stock in very soon. New year finished, slow boat from China, it must be (guessing) any day now that new stock arrives.

Last edited:
Totally agree with Ssscrudddy. Hell I buy a lot direct from China but not if the value is over £20. So you can tell my house is full of tat, but purchasing kit like this is akin to house contents insurance. It's about peace of mind, that if the unfortunate does happen you have cover.

AndyC1971, first lesson of 'sods law' when on a budget if it can go wrong, it will!?

didnt mean to cause a big cafuffle ..was just asking if the vamo kit was ok ..and if zainy,net were an ok company ...on order now the 2/3 week wait ...not much option on my budget lol

You can get your Vamo from Vapor Break either in Chrome or Black for £20.50 delivered or if you prefer a Stainless Steel body approx £24 delivered.

Vamo Black-Chrome.jpgVamo SS.jpg

Link here

You will need to create an account because when you browse the site the prices is displayed as $39.99.

This is for the Vamo body only so if you don't have any 18650's or a charger these will need to be purchased separately.

Trustfire TR001 18650 Charger @ £11.25 here

2 18650 Batteries from Torchy from £8.99 for two here

So all of the above for less than £41 delivered for the full kit and the Vamo should be with you in about a week to ten days.

Back
Top Bottom