What's new

Cheap n cheerful

TheLiqidator

Achiever
I ordered a speed up rda on here a while back when I'd asked for recommendations for mtl RDAs.

Wasn't sure about it as it only came with a squonk pin but it was under a fiver and I should have a standard pin to change it.

Then I remembered I had a couple of Kangertech drip box squonkers so I dug one of them out of the drawer of no return.

The speed up and a few others came yesterday and I was having a look and tried it on the drip box and really liked the look of it.

I was going to set them all up together but decided to put a quick build in that and give it a try.

I bloody love it, I have another one of these drip boxes to look out and I'm considering getting another 1. Still have a few to try so I might end up preferring them bit for what was something I just put on the order because it was only a couple of quid I'm impressed.

Had to take some strong pain killers earlier so my brain is a bit fuzzy and I can't sleep so absolutely living having a squonker again rather than a dripper. Looks like I'll be looking for more squonkers to go with all the others now.

I have one on order, was just going to plug the squonk pin with ptfe tape or something to use it for testing flavours. But from what I keep hearing on here I might want a squonk mod for it.
I've often thought there must be some hidden gems when I see older really basic looking tanks/rdas being sold for a couple of quid, sounds like one has been found.

I have one on order, was just going to plug the squonk pin with ptfe tape or something to use it for testing flavours. But from what I keep hearing on here I might want a squonk mod for it.
I've often thought there must be some hidden gems when I see older really basic looking tanks/rdas being sold for a couple of quid, sounds like one has been found.
I'm loving it, airflow is perfect for me. I put drip hacks winter cherry in it as it's a juice I've used in everything I have. Always have dtl and mtl bottle on the go and the flavour is brilliant. The drip box was my first squonker years ago and it's as basic as you can get without being a mech. No screen, cant change mode watts etc just a fire button but they work perfectly together. I'm 100% ordering another speed up now even if it's just to keep a spare.

The posts on mine were opposite eachother so with the coil inplace air was directed at and over one of the screws.
This didn't seem right so I moved it so they are side by side so air hits the coil directly. I take it this is how it should be?

Attachments

• 20200918_021309.jpg
    20200918_021309.jpg
    501 KB · Views: 46
The posts on mine were opposite eachother so with the coil inplace air was directed at and over one of the screws.
This didn't seem right so I moved it so they are side by side so air hits the coil directly. I take it this is how it should be?
That looks exactly how I have mine.

i have the screws spaced out a bit more (about ten to two?) and the coil is squeezed into the smaller side. it means you can get it much closer to the airhole and also leave plenty of cotton in it. i’ll post a photo later.

@TheLiqidator did you get an origen little? it was less than a fiver as well and i think it’s even better than the speed up.

it really is an excellent wee atty. i like it better than the 14mm speed revolution i have, it seems smoother on the draw.

Back
Top Bottom