What's new

Can anyone recommend a new Box Mod for me?

Ottist

Postman
I've been looking for a few weeks and just spent the last couple of hours trying to find a nice box mod that doesn't look like the handle of a gun, designed for a boy that reads lots of comics or isn't massive or a pod system.

I was very happy with my Aspire NX75, nice simple lines and a nice size for my hands. Sadly, the button is now non functional and is just stuck in the on position. So I can't use it any more. I'm after something a similar design and with as little plastic involved as possible. I was taken with the DotMod AIO but not so keen on the pod system (especially as the pod is plastic) or the lack of screen. Though I'm not a beginner vaper , I'm a basic vaper.

I just want something nice and simple in design, but nearly everything I've looked at in the last couple of hours is as ugly as sin to me.

Any guidance or recommendations are greatly appreciated . Thank you in advance. X

nice, nothing fancy single 18650 regulated mod.

The eleaf pico comes to mind.

I recently bought the Aspire Glint. Nice, simple 18650 mod which is compact. It has wattage only, so not for you if you require TC and other features.

upload_2020-4-25_16-22-27.jpeg

I'll have a look at the pico. I did look at the Glint but doesn't quite do it for me, though I wouldn't rule it out. I quite like the options for TC but never use it actually, so I doubt it would matter. Thank you for replying chucks :)

Couple of Wismec mods. I’ve got the sinuous fj200, had it over a year actually and it’s a superb little mod, in built battery on it though. If you want one similar but external batteries then the ravage 230 springs to mind
EDB42330-6D74-436B-8D32-864310B27C84.jpeg
DD1651E8-03CC-46F4-9F40-D5CEBB223777.jpeg

Couple of Wismec mods. I’ve got the sinuous fj200, had it over a year actually and it’s a superb little mod, in built battery on it though. If you want one similar but external batteries then the ravage 230 springs to mind

Thank you kindly. They're not my cup of tea visually. Wismec a bit sci-fi psi helmet and the other a bit like the innards of a car lol. I know it sounds fussy, and it's what it can do, efficiently and it's performance/ longevity that counts, but I don't want something I look at and think ugh or ho hum. Each to their own of course, but sadly not my bag baby. Thank you so much for your reply though :)

Innokin Kroma R might be worth a look. Have one on order but not shipped yet.

Sadly, for me, the Kroma has that handgun vibe. I don't like ergonomic. I like a nice clean line, a box, edges, not curves. My mods are an old Sigelei Oni (?) and an wee Artery and my beloved NX - I guess I'm just looking for another NX or something identical. I do like the look of the Aio and the atmizoo dot thing, cube thing, designed for it, but can't find out whether it's polycarbonate or glass. Metal and glass, corners and edges, minimal or with a nice bit of engraving. Nice weight, hate hate hate plastic.

Sadly, for me, the Kroma has that handgun vibe. I don't like ergonomic. I like a nice clean line, a box, edges, not curves. My mods are an old Sigelei Oni (?) and an wee Artery and my beloved NX - I guess I'm just looking for another NX or something identical. I do like the look of the Aio and the atmizoo dot thing, cube thing, designed for it, but can't find out whether it's polycarbonate or glass. Metal and glass, corners and edges, minimal or with a nice bit of engraving. Nice weight, hate hate hate plastic.

What about a Vaporresso Gen then? Seems right up your street from what you describe

Edit: It’s not as big as you’d imagine it to be either

What about a Vaporresso Gen then? Seems right up your street from what you describe

Edit: It’s not as big as you’d imagine it to be either

Just been looking at that and would have bought it had it not been for the built in battery. I like to be able to swap the battery out and carry on chugging for Britain. Shame because the design is nice.

Back
Top Bottom