What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Caliburn G2 to Lostvapes Orion plus?

dobbs59

Postman
Hi All,

Just returned to vaping after a significant hiatus. Now 6 weeks without a cigarette and feeling much better for it.

Started with some Elf bar things but couldn't live with the amount of waste, throwing a battery away every day. They did get me off the cigs (certainly initially) so I can't be too tough on the little disposable bastards though.

Then I got a Caliburn G2 which has been pretty great although I do go through some coils. You only actually get to use about half a tank before you have to fill up and never actually get to put an entire tank of fresh juice in so it's hard to fully appreciate a change in flavour. Due to this I think I'm running the tank a bit low and burning the wicks a bit.
My main issue is with the battery. I knew it was small, so it's no fault of the device but I need a little more. I'm petrified of being left with a dead unit especially when I'm having a pint and ending up doing the walk of shame to the corner shop to grab 20 Marlboro lights. I really don't want to smoke again.

I like "nice" things and the Lostvapes Orion Plus has caught my eye. Good choice?
Double the battery. Pretty. Does clever stuffs.

Any opinions gratefully received!

I do like them, I have a few, but I do feel their ship is setting sail so I don't really know how much longer the coils will be easily available.

Oh dear. Mind you. I only intend on vaping for a few more months anyway. I was planning on tapering down on the nic strength gradually. I've gone from 20 to 10 (salts) so far. 20mg felt too strong for me anyway. I'll mix up salty juice to 5mg in 4-6 weeks.
Worth the risk?

Normally I vape 20mg salts in MTL - but accidentally bought some 18mg Freebase which I found too harsh to vape without getting a sore throat. As I'm a tight bastard who doesn't throw anything if I can help it I added some 0mg juice to it to bring it down to 6mg. I've been vaping 6mg instead of 20 in a Dvarw MTL tank for the last week - surprisingly the big drop in nic concentration hasn't bothered me at all and I haven't gone through any more juice.

I would mix a small batch just in case you find the drop too much, but if it doesn't satisfy you can always add a same/similar flavour 10 or 20mg nic salt juice to it to bump up the nic concentration, so you don't have anything to lose.

Good luck

Ah, it seems that there are very few UK stockists with a Lost vapes Orion plus in stock (those that have are pretty pricey)
Any other classy looking pods worth considering?

fuck, £16 postage and they only have it in purple ocean scallop.
Yep.
From China I think. I'd be happy to pay a bit more from a UK supplier. Not £50 though!

So, I'm looking for a classy (at least not looking like a Fischer-Price toy) pod system with around 1000maH battery suitable for MTL vaping. Not too huge. I don't need it to dance or lick it's own balls. Something fairly simple would be fine. But I do like shiny things because I am a tart.

Yep.
From China I think. I'd be happy to pay a bit more from a UK supplier. Not £50 though!

So, I'm looking for a classy (at least not looking like a Fischer-Price toy) pod system with around 1000maH battery suitable for MTL vaping. Not too huge. I don't need it to dance or lick it's own balls. Something fairly simple would be fine. But I do like shiny things because I am a tart.

i think that’s actually shipped from their eu warehouse in germany.

is size an issue? you could go for something like the cthulhu aio, which is a bit bigger, but much more versatile and does look quite classy imo. i don’t have one but half of the forum here are going mad for them at the minute.

although even with the £16 postage from germany @John R ’s link might still work out cheaper than buying an orion from a uk vendor.

Back
Top Bottom