What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

BYE BYE SMOK

yeh i thought the same mate. the pre installed M2 and spare and now onto my second out of the seperate M2 coils bought.
i did get the mini with an extended 5ml glass so im wondering if there is any difference with the full size falcon.

Congrats on leaving smok. When I did it, a whole new world of vaping opened up to me and I haven't looked back:clapping::clapping::clapping:

When I reviewed the Falcon the M1 coil lasted reasonably well, I then hammered the M2 coil with thick pudding juices and it held up quite well but managed to kill it in a week of exclusive use.

Gave it away as part of the review but bought myself one as it was the best tank I've experienced, since getting it I've tried the 'flip the top' method which seems to aid wicking and extend coil life, this method has definitely improved my Smok coil life so keen to see if it works on the Falcon Mesh, still early days but it appears to be working though I am not vaping exclusively with it, it's 3 weeks old so far with little flavour loss (if any).

Got a Freemax with double and triple mesh coils on order so looking forward to trying that.

When I reviewed the Falcon the M1 coil lasted reasonably well, I then hammered the M2 coil with thick pudding juices and it held up quite well but managed to kill it in a week of exclusive use.

Gave it away as part of the review but bought myself one as it was the best tank I've experienced, since getting it I've tried the 'flip the top' method which seems to aid wicking and extend coil life, this method has definitely improved my Smok coil life so keen to see if it works on the Falcon Mesh, still early days but it appears to be working though I am not vaping exclusively with it, it's 3 weeks old so far with little flavour loss (if any).

Got a Freemax with double and triple mesh coils on order so looking forward to trying that.
hey what is the "Flip the Top" Method? im curious...

It's something I stumbled upon on YouTube, they called it cracking the tank which involved unscrewing the top part of a Smok tank, but I didn't see the logic as you achieve the same result by opening up the juice cap to release any vacuum.

It's as simple as that, I open the cap and close it after every vape session (5-8 puffs) and I am finding the next draw has a little spitback as the coil has properly saturated again.

As you will know most Smok coils would dry hit at the end of their life rather than loose flavour, some wouldn't even last a day until I tried this, now my coils last a lot longer, so much so I am back to buying stock coils for my Prince tanks and trust it when I am out for the day or weekend.

Some would say you shouldn't have to do this but it doesn't bother me if it makes my coils last longer, a couple of seconds faff vs unpredictable coils.

I have noticed the same effect on the Falcon and Valryian coils.

Well, I'm a week in with a triple mesh coil in my Prince tank. Flavour is extremely good and the coil is still going strong. Is it as good as the mesh pro? No, it's not. But it's still damn good and far better than most other stock coils I've tried. No complaints from me.

As for the mesh pro; having now tried all the coils available from single to quad and TC in between - I still think the dual is easily the best. The flavour is absolutely first class. It's so good that the increase in flavour you get from the triple and quad is practically negligible. You can only get so much taste out of a juice and the dual coil gets enough. The triple and quad need more power to function properly and the extra cost in power just isn't worth it. The dual coil gives enough flavour and enough vapour and all at a very reasonable 70w. The triple and quad really need at least 100w to function properly. And the negligible increase in flavour and the extra vapour just ain't worth that extra cost to battery life. So for me, the dual coil is king and reigns supreme.

Back
Top Bottom