What's new

Burnt taste

NoodlesJoe

Postman
Hi folks
i have just got a new battery a wild fire irc14500 3.7v 12mah
ego/510 type but when i use it with a ce4/5 or my new vivi nova i get a burnt taste?
the vivi/ce4/5 work ok my standard 650mah battery but with this new one no :(
any ideas? cheers NJ

Hi folks
i have just got a new battery a wild fire irc14500 3.7v 12mah
ego/510 type but when i use it with a ce4/5 or my new vivi nova i get a burnt taste?
the vivi/ce4/5 work ok my standard 650mah battery but with this new one no :(
any ideas? cheers NJ
Never heard of a wild fire battery except in phones . 12 mAh a typo? Mods that use rechargeable batts as opposed to egos tend to put out a true 3.7v as I understand it but reduce in voltage output as they drain. People talk of enjoying a 'fresh' battery for that reason. Egos and similar have something called pulse modulation which keeps the voltage the same pretty much until it needs a recharge. The downside it it puts out something like 3.4v. This slight difference MAY be the difference between a good and a bad vape depending on the resistance of your carto or attie of choice. Possibly ;)
In other words it's is unlikely to be the mAh but the voltage output that's making the difference

sounds like the voltage is too high for whatever head you have in there. try swapping to the 2.8Ohm vivinova head in the vivi nova kit

lol ya typo its a 1200mah :)
i`am using the 1.8Ohm that was already inside the tank, i will try and change it as if that makes a difference, not only do i get a biurnt taste but also not as much vapour i have just noticed cos when i have the vivi ce4/5 on the normal 650mah ego its great.
View attachment 1175

I reckon that may be the issue ... the 1.8 is quite low ... it has problems on my iTaste for similar reasons .. but is great on my egos

go with the 2.4 or even better the 2.8

I will give it ago later on as im just off out and it also has juice in it so i will finish that off while im out :)
then put a higher head in laters
cheers NJ

Clearomizers don't take well high voltages often.
But there is another thing.
Batteries have a tendency outputting an higher voltage than 3,7 when freshly charged, and even considerably less when partially discharged.
So, you might be hitting 4v or more just out of the charger, explaining why your ego is not giving you burnt taste.
Good batteries will do this to a lesser extent, and imr batteries should give you a pretty constant output from start to end.
Just, IMR have not protection from overdischarge, meaning you need to avoid running them until dead, otherwise they might stop working and even go in thermal runaway.

While getting cheap batteries can sound like a good idea, for vaping applications it's better shell out a bit more.
After all, if it dies on you after 4 months and gives you a bad vape, it might not be worth the say £6 saving.

well i changed the head from 2.4 to 2.8 and it works ok now
i did think it was the 1.8 in it but when looked it was not lol :)
so McAldo which/where batterys do you reckon i should get?
i only have 1 battery at the moment but wanna buy some more,
this is the one i have now Lithium accumulator wilefire ICR14500
View attachment 1194

well i changed the head from 2.4 to 2.8 and it works ok now
i did think it was the 1.8 in it but when looked it was not lol :)
so McAldo which/where batterys do you reckon i should get?
i only have 1 battery at the moment but wanna buy some more,
this is the one i have now Lithium accumulator wilefire ICR14500
View attachment 1194

Sorry, I am not here often so I noticed your question only now.

Aw imr 14500 are good, and output should be more consistent over the discharge cycle, meaning you will get less overvoltage fresh out of the charger, and it will stay around the declared 3,7 longer before dropping.
The only problem is that it has no protection, meaning that when it drops to 3.4v it won't stop working and keep discharging, so it's up to you not to overdischarge it. In general, batteries we use in vaporizers benefit from not discharging them completely anyway.

As for protected of that size, I heard efest are good.
Torchythebatteryboy on ebay has some good ones and good prices, he's on UKV too, so perhaps drop him a message asking what's good :)

It's pretty well known that VG doesn't wick well in the Ego C. It's been suggested that 20 or 30 percent VG is as high as you can go. Of course, you can always add a few drops of alcohol or distilled water to thin it and it should work just fine.

Back
Top Bottom