What's new

Brown Cotton

Tobytyke

Achiever
Apes, is there a specific reason as to why one side of my cotton (muji) is going brown?? Coil is Ni80 @ 1.05ohm, 12.5w and Peppermint liquid from LiQuid. The cotton has had 1days use. TIA... Lee.

Attachments

• 4EE58088-9502-4824-9DEB-91B82F6819A2.jpeg
    4EE58088-9502-4824-9DEB-91B82F6819A2.jpeg
    913.3 KB · Views: 101
3rd wrap in from the left looks like its touching the 4th you sure its not hot spotting there where the gunk is worse?

Thanks Apes, will rewick later & check the coil spacing again.. tastes ok still just baffled me that’s all.

Condensation/ vapourised juice dripping down from the top cap, i get it often, worse with sweet and dark juices. Can also happen when the cotton is pulled through and tighter in the coil on one side.

Some sweetners can cause browning too but like the guys has already pointed out its most likely the short or even wick.

All of the above
Plus is the brown tail at the bottom when you hold the mod to your mouth. I find this happens to my aromamizer. I always thumb fire the mod and the coil at the bottom always darkens quicker condensation building inside the chimney drops/runs to lowest point when you hold it up to vape(I might be talking out of my arse):30:
Rewick and try holding your mod a different way

if the wick is touching the chimney or top cup of the atty it tends to get a darker colour like this,maybe this is the issue

Back
Top Bottom