What's new

Brand new Dopvo Topside battery issues

tomhirvin

Postman
I've had this Topside for two days and it has been fine. Then suddenly today I noticed the battery level was showing empty. Odd as I had just put in a brand new battery. I replaced it with a fresh one but the same issue. Now tried it with 4 different fully charged cells and same issue.

The battery level on the LCD screen dances about going up and down for a minute or so before saying 'Low Battery'.

I have emailed Dovpo as it is brand new (so no leaks or anything like that). In the meantime I wondered if anyone has had this experience and if so is there anything I can try to sort it.

This is so frustrating as I've only just received it.

Last edited:
Interestingly I have just given the top and bottom battery terminals a little squirt of WD40 and although it is still dancing about it seems to be working much better....

have you had any juice spills?

that shouldnt happen.. loose battery connections are serious.

Was it from a UK supplier? if not most chinese/far east suppliers will simply ship a replacement when provided with evidential video of such a fault.

if needed for a distant supplier make a new vid that shows your batteries are fully charged, and show up as so on the charger and in other devices when fired as to prove they are 'kosher' too.
while current vid shows the error it leaves questions..

I haven't even had time for juice spills. Only been using it for 48 hours and have been very careful. Thanks for the tip about the video though I've shot this one and sent it to them. It was bought from Fasttech.

The WD40 thing worked for about an hour.

Last edited:
Dovpo have offered to replace it no quibbles. I'm pretty impressed with that.

That's great news :) Good chance it's not this but... the topside can get issues with the battery door, if you flip open the door you will see a pin next to the hinge that touches a plate on the actual battery door that it has to make connection to. This can happen when the Squonk bottle isn't properly seated so try pulling the Squonk bottle out and putting it back in.

It may be worth doing a Firmware upgrade. But that's a guess, and not an educated one.
Dovpo have offered to replace it no quibbles. I'm pretty impressed with that.
excellent news. I've heard of Dovpo helping out before.

I have a few Topsides and never had any problems with mine, Nice of Dovpo to replace it though, good luck with your new one, they are my favourite mod btw :)

Back
Top Bottom