What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Blitz Hermetic RDA

Stramasher

Postman
Alright Apes,

Been struggling with this one for a couple of weeks trying to get flavour anywhere near my Recurve.

I'm using the same 0.28ohm 3mmO/D Flat Clapton coil thats in my Recurve. Mounted close to the airflow "quarterpipe." Airflow closed down to 3/4 shut off and around 45W.

Is it simply cos it is quite tall in comparison or do any of you have tips to get it "bangin' the flava?" i also changed the original drip tip as i found it too short so am using the extra black one you get with the Recurve.

What it does do is does not leak, can pile a load of juice into the juice well giving loads of vapeage without the need for further squonking because of the single air hole.

I don't have this RDA, but the chamber looks quite massive on it and the coils which come with Recurve are pretty small.
I'd guess this one is meant for beefy builds, try it.

Alright Apes,

Been struggling with this one for a couple of weeks trying to get flavour anywhere near my Recurve.

I'm using the same 0.28ohm 3mmO/D Flat Clapton coil thats in my Recurve. Mounted close to the airflow "quarterpipe." Airflow closed down to 3/4 shut off and around 45W.

Is it simply cos it is quite tall in comparison or do any of you have tips to get it "bangin' the flava?" i also changed the original drip tip as i found it too short so am using the extra black one you get with the Recurve.

What it does do is does not leak, can pile a load of juice into the juice well giving loads of vapeage without the need for further squonking because of the single air hole.

Hey Stramasher,
If I get an RDA leaking on me, i reposition the cotton meaning I'll add a longer piece and try and spread it out around the juice well. This should allow the cotton to soak up more of the juice since there's more cotton. Another thing you may want to do if you have not already is create a circular barrier of cotton around the squonk hole. this sort of traps the remaining e-liquid and any that flows over the cotton will quickly get absorbed.
As far as flavour goes, I have personally had great results using nichrome. The Anarchist Competition wire could be a decent coil, especially for an RDA.
Hope this helps,
Yianno.

Thanks I'll try those tips for not leaking on the Recurve. (As I said the Hermetic has no such problems)

I'll try a bigger coil in the Hermetic. Got all the gear to wrap my own coils so about time I gave it a go.

Back
Top Bottom