What's new

'Bits and bobs' Mech

Raguri

Nutter!
Riiight.
I'm looking at getting a mech soonish that can take both 18350, and 18650s... So, I'm looking at the sigs.
Now... this is the question.
If I use a certain sites 'spares'... I could build a 'frankenstein' sig out of 8w and 19 parts, which would be ideal...
BUT, is it REALLY as simple as:
Tube
Top cap
Button?!

:P

I know if you use a sig 8w switch in a 19 tube the switch is to short to make contact in 18350 mode so taking that in to consideration if you were to do it the other way round a 18350 would be to big to fit in a 8w tube with a 19 switch :)

So:
Sig 19 Top cap
Sig 8w bottom cap
Sig 8w 18350 tube - Sig I ching 18500 tube
? :)

Raguri After the accident my OH had with the 8W in 18350 and it was totally destroyed :(
I just bought the 8w button and 19b top for the 18650 tube I had left, due to the size etc I can only use a 18500 battery in this 'frankenstein'..... :)

Like I said you can get away with it with a 19 tube because its telescopic, but even then its only takes 18490 and up, the switches have different length threads, ie the 8w screws in less than a 19

Tbh I'd forget about it, but its up to you

P.s I don't think the heads are interchangeable any way :)

Last edited:
Looking on the certain vendors site... they say they are.. just have no idea to what extent :(
And not good Gilliandrea ! A bit like my accident setting the dripper on fire! :P (All's okay now!)

tempted to email them... But then they'd clock onto what I was doing.
I know that both switch and top cap are adjustable, but I guess Gillian's tried that :(

Back
Top Bottom