What's new

Billet Box Woes...

Key to TC is setting the wattage higher than normal then set your temp, the vape should be better or at least the same but zero dry hits, if it's worse it generally means the wicking is not keeping up and too tight or long.

My plan initially was a nice 24g kanthal build in the kanger rba, but can I hell get any of the rba's to work above 20w without dry hitting.

Whether it's the kanger or the exocet, at 25w it'll vape good for a few hours then start mildly dry hitting, cotton still looks wet, no gunk on the coil. Complete mystery to me. Might try a scottish roll next time.
I DTL with a Xeta, loose cotton wick works well and keeps the juice flowing at 35W. Try pulling some cotton out?

Key to TC is setting the wattage higher than normal then set your temp, the vape should be better or at least the same but zero dry hits, if it's worse it generally means the wicking is not keeping up and too tight or long.

I'll try that next time I've got a ss build in, I do believe it is the wicking.

I DTL with a Xeta, loose cotton wick works well and keeps the juice flowing at 35W. Try pulling some cotton out?

This is how I wick the Kanger RBA for use in the billet, wicking starts around 5min in the video, pancake method.

If I had to hazard a guess at what is causing it to mildly dry hit with wet cotton, I'd say it's likely the cotton shrinking inside the coil over a few hours of vaping and no longer touching the wire as much as it should?

This build is working good though, smooth vape at 30w, no crackling or bubbling. I've noticed when I do end up having issues with a build, it'll crackle and pop whilst drawing on it, and it'll do it more and more as I chain vape... This good one though, no noise when drawing, other than the noise of airflow.

Oh my word, had to turn that off. Grab cotton, lob in, chop, vape - it shouldn't be more complicated than that...let alone making a bloody video :D

Oh my word, had to turn that off. Grab cotton, lob in, chop, vape - it shouldn't be more complicated than that...let alone making a bloody video :D

They are a bit weird, I'll give you that. Probably a huge understatement...

It all goes pear shaped when I just lob cotton in, then again it usually does anyway I do it. I'm shit at wicking, you'd think I'd have got it roughly down after years or doing it.

Back
Top Bottom