What's new

Bigger coils dont mean better flavor

Jackvape

Postman
I put some bigger coils in my kennedy. 26×3/38 n80. The flavor wasnt half of my 30×4/40. They both ohmed exactly the same. They were cottoned the same. The smaller coils gave way better flavor. Does anybody know why? I figured bigger coils wud mean better flavor. The vapor was slightly more but nothing to write home about. It wasnt enough to sacrifice flavor. So why didnt the bigger coils give better flavor?

The coil made with the lower resistance wire will have a greater surface area. Perhaps this is the reason?

The coil made with the lower resistance wire will have a greater surface area. Perhaps this is the reason?
The resistance is the same on both. I wont say what it ohms cause that opens another can of worms and I get jumped on by everyone. The coils with more surface area had less flavor and I dont know why.

The resistance is the same on both. I wont say what it ohms cause that opens another can of worms and I get jumped on by everyone. The coils with more surface area had less flavor and I dont know why.
Some atties attribute themselves well to big builds, some don't. Deck size and airflow have as much to do with flavour as coil size.

Some atties attribute themselves well to big builds, some don't. Deck size and airflow have as much to do with flavour as coil size.
Ur absolutely correct. I didnt have the coils in the right place. The coils have to be directly over the airflow for the kennedy. I had to cut my leads at 6mm. Smaller it ohmed at .09. I redid it got the coils above my holes perfect and the flavor is great. I still wont say what Im ohming at. Last time I did that I heard shit for 2 days about how Id blow my face off. My face is intact and I have awesome flavor. Im above .09 thats all Ill say. But u r exactly right.

It has nothing to do with the resistance of the wire, it's all about creating heat and cooling it down. To get flavour you need warm, dense vapour and bigger coils using more power are not the answer in themselves. If you want more vapour you want more airflow, placing bigger coils in the airflow creates a reduction in the airflow ... the coils obstruct the flow. Filling a chamber with metal is counter-productive. As you've discovered, there's a tipping point past which more vapour does not produce more flavour.

With each atty, each chamber design, you need to assess both the airflow and the heat flux of the build ... to balance the heat and the cooling.

Ur absolutely correct. I didnt have the coils in the right place. The coils have to be directly over the airflow for the kennedy. I had to cut my leads at 6mm. Smaller it ohmed at .09. I redid it got the coils above my holes perfect and the flavor is great. I still wont say what Im ohming at. Last time I did that I heard shit for 2 days about how Id blow my face off. My face is intact and I have awesome flavor. Im above .09 thats all Ill say. But u r exactly right.
Don't stress too much about resistance on a reg mate, and on a mech just be safe.

Glad you sorted it though. Nice feeling innit.

Back
Top Bottom